Mother kills 3 1/2 week old baby because the devil told her to...

bassthumpintwin

• Members

As a person suffering from mental illness (although I get regular treatment and am on a regimen of medicines), I can tell you that from the inside reality is a completely different thing, and only in those rare moments of clarity can you see how completely insane your choices have been. It's a tragedy that what happened, but if this woman is truly mentally ill, she deserves treatment, not imprisonment.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

As a person suffering from mental illness (although I get regular treatment and am on a regimen of medicines), I can tell you that from the inside reality is a completely different thing, and only in those rare moments of clarity can you see how completely insane your choices have been. It's a tragedy that what happened, but if this woman is truly mentally ill, she deserves treatment, not imprisonment.

^^^

This.

• Members

^^^

This.

Yep. Post-partum depression is bad enough. Add a mental disorder to the mix, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I work with schizophrenic students at school. They perceive their surroundings in a manner most of us can't comprehend, and the world can be a terrifying place for them.

• Members

Yep. Post-partum depression is bad enough. Add a mental disorder to the mix, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I work with schizophrenic students at school. They perceive their surroundings in a manner most of us can't comprehend, and the world can be a terrifying place for them.

I'm not schizo but I can relate in a very real way. The world isn't the same place from the inside. It's terrifying and antagonistic.

• Members

+1

• Members
According to Xuf's post,
Xuf
is the one who quipped that it's "the most metal thing I've ever heard!"

True! Ladies and Gentlemen, read the post before calling my friends assholes! Me, I don't really care being called an asshole but at least I'm hangin' out here so I can defend myself if I have to ;)

• Members

-1... You do that kind of {censored} to a baby and I don't care who you are or what's going on in your head. You don't deserve to live anymore.

• Members

Yah, friend of mines schizophrenic brother was nearly gunned down by the police, he didn't understand why a whole bunch of armed police were screaming at him to drop his pencil, turns out he'd wandered down the middle of the main road with a {censored} OFF big knife waving it at people..

Another friends schizophrenic brother walked off a cliff..

Its bad {censored} man, their 'reality' is totally real to them..

• Members
http://news.aol.com/article/mom-of-decapitated-baby-i-didnt-mean-to/590322?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage

Also a few more details here:

http://news.aol.com/article/decapitated-babys-mom-had-psychosis/592930

There are so many things wrong with this story it's not even funny. Stuff like this makes me sick. The worst part about all of this is that it appears many more steps could have been taken to prevent this.

The thing that really boggles my mind is this: Why would you kill your baby because somebody TOLD you to? I mean, it shouldn't matter if it's Satan, a real person, or the freakin easter bunny. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

This is a sick world we live in.
:mad:

And the who eating thing really blows my mind. I don't even know what to say about this.

Just think, people like you read this in the news and are (rightly so) sickened. But people read about these kind of things happening in the Bible and are "inspired".

• Members
I'm only going to weigh in in the simplest way - unless you have dealt with a loved one with a debilitating mental illness, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Just alzheimer's... Otherwise, nope. My grandma didn't eat baby toes and brains though. :idk:

• Members

Really messed up. How was this allowed to happen?

And the thing about the insanity defence... she clearly is completely insane. I mean it's about as horrible as a crime can get... but would punishment achieve anything?

Real dilemma here.

• Members

I'm only going to weigh in in the simplest way - unless you have dealt with a loved one with a debilitating mental illness, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Exactly. People who dismiss mental illness really have no clue what it's like for those people or their loved ones.

• Members

Really messed up. How was this allowed to happen?

And the thing about the insanity defence... she clearly
is
completely insane. I mean it's about as horrible as a crime can get... but would punishment achieve anything?

Real dilemma here.

Fine, don't put her to death but cut out her uterus so she can't reproduce again. Christ, this is sick... {censored}ing sick.

• Members
Fine, don't put her to death but cut out her uterus so she can't reproduce again. Christ, this is sick... {censored}ing sick.

She shouldn't even have been allowed to keep the child.

Somewhere, someone messed up.

I blame George Bush. He was still president when she concieved :mad:

• Members
She shouldn't even have been allowed to keep the child.

Somewhere, someone messed up.

I blame George Bush. He was still president when she concieved
:mad:

I don't blame anyone but her. "Allowed" to concieve is a problem for me. Everyone born with a working penis and vagina should be "allowed" to concieve. Problem occurs when she eats her baby... Or at least eats part of her baby... Raw. No matter what's going on in that crazy bitch's head she deserves to die. That's just it for me. She should go away forever.

• Members
at least eats part of her baby... Raw.

you'd rather she stir-fried instead?

:D:D

kidding. yes, it's horrible. as a father i can't imagine doing anything even remotely close to this. however, i'm a (relatively) sane father. mental illness clouds the issue enormously.

and a huge +1 to the insomniac's post. unless you've been there, you simply can't understand.

• Members
:confused:

My obligatory anti abortion response. Pro choice people really freak out when mothers kill their newborns but have no problem with killing babies in utero.

As far as this woman is concerned, she is obviously very disturbed and needs treatment. As said earlier, postpartum along with other mental illness is a recipe for disaster. This story is case and point.

• Members

My obligatory anti abortion response. Pro choice people really freak out when mothers kill their newborns but have no problem with killing babies in utero.

As far as this woman is concerned, she is obviously very disturbed and needs treatment. As said earlier, postpartum along with other mental illness is a recipe for disaster. This story is case and point.

I think most people have a big problem with killing a baby that has been brought to term. You should have said '6 months ago'.

Thats all. I'm not getting into the pro-choice/life debate.

• Members
I don't blame anyone but her. "Allowed" to concieve is a problem for me. Everyone born with a working penis and vagina should be "allowed" to concieve. Problem occurs when she eats her baby... Or at least eats part of her baby... Raw. No matter what's going on in that crazy bitch's head she deserves to die. That's just it for me. She should go away forever.

I agree with you but it isn't reality. Common sense, yes, but not the reality of our 'modern' and 'enlightened' and diverse society. This woman monitored by anyone? Obviously not and if there was monitoring it would come as a complete shock to those who monitored that she would cut up and eat her own. :facepalm:

Seems more and more we sympathize with the perpetrator and have all too little pity for the victims who are quickly forgotten. Surely the gentleman or gentlewoman (always hear this in the news and I always ask WTF??) wasn't in control of their faculties. We wring our hands about how terrible these things are then move on to the next one.

There was another case reported in the news just this morning in Massachusetts. The second of this type I heard within a month. Someone decides they want your kid so they catch you and cut it out then take it home then invite your friends and family over for a little 'celebration'. Insane? The news sycophants focus on the new 'mother' and how friends and neighbors knew something wasn't right. Ya {censored}in' think?

And you're right, who should decide who breeds and who doesn't? This is another way of transferring blame from those who committ the crimes to some system where it becomes diffused until no one is accountable. Nice.

Poor society.

Archived