So Kindness asked me a question yesterday...

mlwarriner

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Excellent question.

I'm gonna go with Bassius. On the interwebs, he is the second biggest attention whore I've ever seen (second to Thrustin). In real life, he seems almost really shy and quiet. He is very humble even though he is one of the best bassists I've ever heard.

Helluva good guy.

And I found out on Saturday that thunderbroom speaks with a funny accent, but he looks exactly like I imagine.

I had never seen a picture of Catphish before Saturday, but instantly I knew who he was. For some reason I expected to have long scraggley hippie hair. Really a handsome clean cut dude.

Bassman1956 has a beard that is even bigger in real life.

I half expected mlwarriner to show up in camouflage pants and a wife beater. :idk:edit: oops, I meant to say vanlatte. I've never met mlwarriner.:o

BHK has a much smaller butt in real life than in my head. TopHeavyKate is much more accurate.

Sludgebass is really tall.

Mattacaster seemed cool even though I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but BHK is way out of his league.

y-o-y had a lot less hair than I expected.

Jackcheese has arms that really do not match his avatar.

I can't remember meeting anyone else.

• Moderators

I'm going to have to make a list of everyone I've met. I should have been doing this from the start...

JeffBass isn't different so much as I understood him a lot better in real life than online. Now when I read him online I laugh instead of want to punch the computer.

• Members

Funny you should ask this question, because out of all the people I have met, mlwarriner is the least like his online counterpart :D don't mean that in a bad way at all, but you seem much more soft spoken in person than what I gathered reading over the years.

Tbroom sort of surprised me when we first met, for some reason I thought he would be more of a hard ass kinda guy...not the good natured and friendly guy we all know and love .:cop:

• Members

JeffBass isn't different so much as I understood him a lot better in real life than online. Now when I read him online I laugh instead of want to punch the computer.

I try to remember that this is the case more often than not; what we say in the form of text doesn't always translate exactly the spirit it was intended.

Which is one of the reasons I absolutely hate email / txt for anything other than very trivial things. Or purely business. Well, email that is. Not text of course.

• Members

Funny you should ask this question, because out of all the people I have met, mlwarriner is the least like his online counterpart
:D
don't mean that in a bad way at all, but you seem much more soft spoken in person than what I gathered reading over the years.

i'm actually just fairly shy in large groups of people. plus, you make me nervous and all tingly inside :love:

• Members

Excellent question.

I'm gonna go with Bassius. On the interwebs, he is the second biggest attention whore I've ever seen (second to Thrustin). In real life, he seems almost really shy and quiet. He is very humble even though he is one of the best bassists I've ever heard.

Helluva good guy.

And I found out on Saturday that thunderbroom speaks with a funny accent, but he looks exactly like I imagine.

I had never seen a picture of Catphish before Saturday, but instantly I knew who he was. For some reason I expected to have long scraggley hippie hair. Really a handsome clean cut dude.

Bassman1956 has a beard that is even bigger in real life.

I half expected mlwarriner to show up in camouflage pants and a wife beater.
:idk:
edit: oops, I meant to say vanlatte. I've never met mlwarriner.
:o

BHK has a much smaller butt in real life than in my head. TopHeavyKate is much more accurate.

Sludgebass is really tall.

Mattacaster seemed cool even though I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but BHK is way out of his league.

y-o-y had a lot less hair than I expected.

Jackcheese has arms that really do not match his avatar.

I can't remember meeting anyone else.

:lol:

But not true on me being out of MattACaster's league....he could do much better. I just don't think he realizes it :D

• Members

I'll have to say BP7770 mlwarriner. BP7770 is quiet (but not in a bad way), and mlwarrinerr is just a gentle giant. Like he looks intimidating but is actually one of the sweetest guys I've ever met.

Archived