What's your favorite spice?

Thunderbroom

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We've used fresh garlic too, so feck off!!!
:mad:

Awfully defensive. I'd expect that sort of response from a big, floppy vag!! :mad:

BTW, I am forever done with fresh garlic. Using a garlic press and keeping up with fresh garlic has a very high pain-in-the-ass to satisfaction ratio.

• Members
Awfully defensive. I'd expect that sort of response from a big, floppy vag!!

BTW, I am forever done with fresh garlic. Using a garlic press and keeping up with fresh garlic has a very high pain-in-the-ass to satisfaction ratio.

Are you crazy?!

• Members

Hey where the feck have you been?! You missed the biggest GTG in Chicago last week.

Lurking every once in a while and not playing very much anymore. :( I saw the pics this week and it looked like a great time. Wish I coulda been there! We bought a new travel trailer this year and we've been off to different areas of the state every third weekend or so. Last weekend we were at Devil's Lake State Park. Good times!

• Members

Guys, if your paprika is flavorless you really need to change supplier.

It is, along with saffron, one of the most refined, subtle and palate opening spice you could think of. Just a drop can reveal the core taste of a meal.

I am a sucker for spices. I have dozens of them on my shelves, in all forms. It is very hard to choose but I think coriander is my favorite. It can fit everywhere but takes a bit of talent to use it properly, otherwise it quickly becomes obnoxious.

I am a heavy user of fleur de sel, although it isn't really a spice.

• Members
Guys, if your paprika is flavorless you really need to change supplier.

It is, along with saffron, one of the most refined, subtle and palate opening spice you could think of. Just a drop can reveal the core taste of a meal.

I am a sucker for spices. I have dozens of them on my shelves, in all forms. It is very hard to choose but I think coriander is my favorite. It can fit everywhere but takes a bit of talent to use it properly, otherwise it quickly becomes obnoxious.

I am a heavy user of fleur de sel, although it isn't really a spice.

Greetings, fellow paprika lover :D

• Members
Wow, all fancy and {censored}!
:lol:
in all truth, I hear the smoked paprika is the biz-o-lizous. never had it fer cookin' though

We cook and eat well in this househould... :thu:

That's only the first visit from quite awhile ago, too. We've expanded since. :love:

• Members
And in the total need for cheeseburgers.

Do they weight 100lbs combined? yech..

Don't get me wrong. I totally want to screw every one of them, but I'd totally uh.. hate it the whole time.

I dunno. Kimberly Walsh appears to have just enough meat on them bones...and looks absolutely perfect in my book.
Cheryl%20Cole,%20Kimberley%20Walsh.jpg
56947_Kimberley_Walsh07.jpg
KimberlyWalsh_girlsaloud_47376d759b4bc.j

• Members
Saffron. I usually have a tiny bit around, but a chef friend gave me half a friggin' ziplock bag of the stuff the other day. Yes, I'm sure it's saffron.

Saffron is excellent stuff. There is a Persian place right by me that makes a super {censored}ing amazing saffron gellato. It goes great with a nice IPA.

:love:

• Members

One of the few things i miss about being in the military is trips to the middle east, where you can pick up spices by the armload fer cheap :( I brought home saffron, whole nutmeg, REAL cinnamon, cardamom, and a bunch of other stuff, but it's long gone now.

for everyday usage around here, we loves some smoked paprika, it's the base for my world famous (in my head) taco/fajita/etc seasoning mix. Onion and garlic powders are good for a little bump, cumin on some things, and I've been using turmeric for yellow rice lately.

But fresh pepper and kosher salt go on just about damn near everything. Hell, I just put fresh cracked pepper on my onion bagel w/ cream cheese :)

• Members

+1 to real garlic. Hell with the powder, unless it's a medical thing. Powder will never be as tasty or healthy as the real thing. I'd only relent on this for pizza.

+1 to curry and to fresh ground pepper...spousal unit failed to mail our grinder when she packed out to come join me. :mad:

Quality paprika is awesome.

I'm always dumping in an Italian mixture, but basil + oregano + thyme in some combination and varying proportion is mmm-mmm good.

I also hit the marjoram pretty hard.

Jazz Ad - I rarely use the coriander except in very few things, but now I'm intrigued to try it more...

That said, my lazy cooking habits have degraded tremendously since moving overseas. :facepalm:

• Members
Awfully defensive. I'd expect that sort of response from a big, floppy vag!!

and you call everyone else pussies, ya dont need a press! :mad: its called fresh CHOPPED, ya know, the thing ya use it called a knife and good old fashioned physical work :p:D

Archived