Rig pics , let's see'em !

fretless

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

the cab is an early 60's fender

I believe the cab was a 1967 purchased by a young high school rocker. You're the second owner. :thu:

Let's see what I have pics of:

"Fender" Twin Reverb head I built on top of a 15/6 cab:

IMG_3517.jpg

100 watt "Marshall" head I built:

IMG_4512.jpg

"Fender" Deluxe I built:

IMG_4570.jpg

A pair of Acme Low B2s, a 1979 Ampeg SVT and a 1977 Ampeg V-4B:

IMG_1519.jpg

The Thunderfunk:

IMG_4424.jpg

• Members

That is my favorite bass on the entire forum.
:love:

If you were t3ch, I'd trade you my CV-4 for it.

I love it. It plays like a dream. There are many basses that I'd like to have, but nothing will make me get rid of this one.

The good thing is that EBMM is so amazingly consistent, that you could get this one's twin and enjoy it as much as I do.

• Members

Just out of curiousity, what do ya think of those new Hartke cabs??

i'm not familliar with recent hartke developments. the cabs i have a pretty old - from the early 90's, and originally intended for guitar. i biamp with a pa sub at about 100 hz or therabouts. real unique sound on bass. i've had them for about 15 years, and really dig them, never had any troubles.

• Members

i'm not familliar with recent hartke developments. the cabs i have a pretty old - from the early 90's, and originally intended for guitar. i biamp with a pa sub at about 100 hz or therabouts. real unique sound on bass. i've had them for about 15 years, and really dig them, never had any troubles.

I've used those speakers before, a PA crossover, and as much or more effects in a disturbingly familiar setup as yours. Our exact gear may not be identical, but the premise behind the design sure is. A man after my own freaky rigged heart... less the double neck 7's at least. :thu:

• Members

ooo, that's spooky.
:lol:

I also had a Moog Taurus II as well as the Roland PK5. Depending on the band's set list for the night I'd bring out one or the other. I did a lot of deep drone bass for the noise rock/shoe gazer band and triggered sequences and samples with the tech metal and industrial bands.

At my worst I played live with a 2 tiered, 21 piece pedal board, the Taurus/PK5, a Korg M-1, 6 rackspaces of rack effects, 4 more for the two amps that powered my 2 cabs as well as 7 basses, only 2 of which were in the same tuning. :facepalm:

• Members

I also had a Moog Taurus II as well as the Roland PK5. Depending on the band's set list for the night I'd bring out one or the other. I did a lot of deep drone bass for the noise rock/shoe gazer band and triggered sequences and samples with the tech metal and industrial bands.

At my worst I played live with a 2 tiered, 21 piece pedal board, the Taurus/PK5, a Korg M-1, 6 rackspaces of rack effects, 4 more for the two amps that powered my 2 cabs as well as 7 basses, only 2 of which were in the same tuning.
:facepalm:

dude, that sounds awesome. any recordings?

• Members

I believe the cab was a 1967 purchased by a young high school rocker. You're the second owner.
:thu:

Let's see what I have pics of:

"Fender" Twin Reverb head I built on top of a 15/6 cab:

IMG_3517.jpg

100 watt "Marshall" head I built:

IMG_4512.jpg

"Fender" Deluxe I built:

IMG_4570.jpg

A pair of Acme Low B2s, a 1979 Ampeg SVT and a 1977 Ampeg V-4B:

IMG_1519.jpg

The Thunderfunk:

IMG_4424.jpg

really? i thought they had stopped using these speakers for years by 67.

so,out of all your amps - what gets the most playtime?

• Members

Read the thread, fantastic work. Great attention to detail. I will have to listen to clips sometime when I hook my lap-top up to my studio monitors. The twin 5/8's drivers in my lap-top pretty much make any tone evaluations useless.

thanks man.the clips are nothing spectacular just wankery through a bassman :)

Archived