Best Jobs in America

Thunderbroom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, my job was featured in Dirty Jobs, does that count?

Cool. Mine was a feature on "How It's Made" a few years back. I wrote some of their script for them.

Fast forward to 5:55 if you want to see our segment.

[YOUTUBE]ypS3A8791OQ[/YOUTUBE]

The guy playing it at the end is our VP of manufacturing, he had his 15 minutes in the early 80's with CanRock band "Millions."

• Members

Cool. Mine was a feature on "How It's Made" a few years back. I wrote some of their script for them.

"snip"

I hope you get/are happy at your job. It seems, from the outside, to be pretty cool.

About 10 years ago I worked as an electronics tech for a manufacturing co. . It was pretty cool, the simplicity of some of the machines was elegant. I got to integrate some PLC's and intelligent/vision systems in some older stuff. I really enjoyed that job and only left due to my lack of confidence in job stability for our area. As it turns out they have cut the work force there by over 30%. I doubt I would have been cut that time, but you never know.

• Members

I hope you get/are happy at your job. It seems, from the outside, to be pretty cool.

It definitely has it's share of perks, not doubt about it. It can be fun and interesting some times, but like many jobs, has it's share of repetition and boredom. My primary complaint and the reason I don't see myself there long term (despite being there 7+ years already) is the pay. If I made {censored}e pay I'd be happy, it can't even be called that for the expectations put upon me.

Archived