Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

FreestyleIntruder

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Why listen to the US voters/taxpayers?
:lol:

Yeah, because the US voters & taxpayers are saying "let's totally not work with other countries nor solve the problems of the 21st century"... :p

The US taxpayer demands that Obama solve the problems of the 14th century! Damn plague ridden corpses littering the streets! :mad:

Also, if he could solve the problems of the 27th century, that would be good as well, because this whole "being slave labor for an army of super robot overlords" totally sucks!!! :mad:

• Moderators
Yeah, because the US voters & taxpayers are saying
"let's totally not work with other countries nor solve the problems of the 21st century"
:p

The US taxpayer demands that Obama solve the problems of the 14th century! Damn plague ridden corpses littering the streets!
:mad:

Also, if he could solve the problems of the 27th century, that would be good as well, because this whole "being slave labor for an army of super robot overlords" totally sucks!!!
:mad:

:lol:

• Members

So, instead of Obama, who should have won it in his place? Just wondering, since everyone seems to say he doesn't deserve it. If you were on the Committee, who would you vote for?

I think I should have. I've been not being George Bush far more than he has. I didn't go to an Ivy League School, they both did.

• Moderators
So, instead of Obama, who should have won it in his place? Just wondering, since everyone seems to say he doesn't deserve it. If you were on the Committee, who would you vote for?

Someone who had actually been working on world peace for more than 11 days before getting nominated perhaps. ;) As an example, Jimmy Carter won the prize in 2002 (more than 20 years after leaving office) for his work on the Middle East peace process. A person who wins this prize should have some significant body of work to receive it.

• Members
Someone who had actually been working on world peace for more than 11 days before getting nominated perhaps.
;)
As an example, Jimmy Carter won the prize in 2002 (more than 20 years after leaving office) for his work on the Middle East peace process. A person who wins this prize should have some significant body of work to receive it.

Exactly. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Carter as a President or political figure, his lifetime of work in humanitarian efforts and dedication to working toward peace in the Middle East speaks for itself. Obama doesn't have these things yet. For all I know in 20 years he'll wind up being responsible for an end to world hunger and find the cure for cancer, but let's wait until he does those things before we give him awards for it, ok?

• Members
Someone who had actually been working on world peace for more than 11 days before getting nominated perhaps.
;)
As an example, Jimmy Carter won the prize in 2002 (more than 20 years after leaving office) for his work on the Middle East peace process. A person who wins this prize should have some significant body of work to receive it.

I'm looking for names of an actual individual that you believe should have won it.. :)

Archived