Harmony Central vs. TalkBass

kpax

• Members
Here's an example of something you shouldn't be posting here.
:cop:
I'll leave it as an example for others, but HCBF is not the place to have that conversation.

What if it was in song form, and written by me? Would that be allowed? *bats eyelashes*

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I went back and softened it a little.

Here's an example of something you shouldn't be posting here.
:cop:
I'll leave it as an example for others, but HCBF is not the place to have that conversation.

• Members
No different.
:idk:

We don't bash other forums here.

Hmm, they say very unkind things about you.. I didn't want to say anything.. the words smug and smarmy were used..

But I didn't want to rock the boat or nuthin...

Not me.. I'm a strictly no rocking boat guy..

tra-la-la-la

• Members

I've attended and hosted a couple PDX HCBF meets, and dropped by the TalkBass meet in Hood River last month.

My thoughts:

TalkBass: Classy single malt and cigar pub, nice folks, nice gear, a bit more on-topic than HCBF.

HCBF: Your local brew pub where the regulars hang out and occasionally talk about bass.

In short, apples and oranges. If you like both, then Bob's yer uncle.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

• Members

Well thanks Thumper. Mighty neighborly of ya.
I just cracked open another Corona.

I've attended and hosted a couple PDX HCBF meets, and dropped by the TalkBass meet in Hood River last month.

My thoughts:

TalkBass: Classy single malt and cigar pub, nice folks, nice gear, a bit more on-topic than HCBF.

HCBF: Your local brew pub where the regulars hang out and occasionally talk about bass.

In short, apples and oranges. If you like both, then Bob's yer uncle.

Welcome to the forum.
:wave:

• Members

Cheers! :wave:

We're a pretty decent lot, once you get used to us.

You might want to connect with HCBFers in your area. The online forum is a great place to hang out, but it's cool to actually meet members in person. I finally met Skip (Knucklehead Basses) at the TB Hood River Meet. He's as cool in person as he is online. :thu:

• Members

Yeah, when you need to conduct a poll on which knobs to put on your next Geddy Lee Jazz, that's the place to be for sure.

I find I am equally likely to get accurate technical information here due to some in house wizards - but for bass opinion style things you get a lot more info at Talkbass. Say you want to know about amp X or whatever, it's a good thing to post there if you can't find any reviews
:)
My serious gigging and anything offtopic questions come here obviously. Most of what I talk about on Talkbass is very specific speaker cabinet building/design stuff - and preamp/poweramp setups
;)
Neither of which find much of an audience here for some reason. Overall, if I had to choose I'd pick HCBF, but they're definitely different places and I read them both pretty frequently. I go back and forth on it but I'm kind of sick of all the Thrustin spam here lately, so I've been around less.

• Members

Where's Hood River?
Oregon?

Cheers!
:wave:

We're a pretty decent lot, once you get used to us.

You might want to connect with HCBFers in your area. The online forum is a great place to hang out, but it's cool to actually meet members in person. I finally met Skip (Knucklehead Basses) at the TB Hood River Meet. He's as cool in person as he is online.
:thu:

• Members
Where's Hood River?

Oregon?

It's about an hour east of Portland on I-84. It's a nice town, home of Full Sail Brewing, and it's the wind-surfing capitol of the known universe.

It's also close to Mount Hood and the Hood River Valley. The Elliot Glacier is one of a hand-full of active glaciers in the Lower 48, and the Hood River Valley is famous for its orchards. I drove back from the TB Meet with a Jeep-load of fresh-picked pears, apples, and gallons of fresh cider. :love:

• Members

;)

checked your site.. its very proper!!

Thanks. I guess.
:freak:

Tell that to my mom.
:mad:

haha.. sorry, didn't mean it that way.. it looks very professional!

And put it this way.. my dad is an engineer, his dad was an engineer, I'm pretty sure his dad was too..

me.. I did photography, then got a job with a video games company and am now kinda mooching around deciding what to do with my life.. hell, I've never had a 'real' job in my life, now we have a kid on the way i'm getting the whole 'well its time you stopped playing around' and 'this band stuff is a waste of time'.. I don't own a tie and I bought my first pair of shoes that aren't sneakers just recently..

• Members

:facepalm:

Welcome, but if you wanna stick around, you gotta drink the good {censored}. :D

;)

Oh, and get your girlfriend and/or wife in, and you'll be golden!

Archived