Harmony Central vs. TalkBass

kpax

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Welcome to HCBF.

Probably best to just look around both sites and judge for yourself.

Let's talk about similarities: Forumites at both sites would suspect your first post as potentially trolling. How about introducing yourself and hanging out a bit?

• Members

Sorry to disappoint but no, not trolling - but thanks for the insinuation.

For introductions, hi. I'm kpax and I play bass in a gigging band.

I'm quite familiar with TB.

I'd heard HC is more ... freewheeling than TB, which I hope is true.

Peace.

Welcome to HCBF.

Probably best to just look around both sites and judge for yourself.

Let's talk about similarities: Forumites at both sites would suspect your first post as potentially trolling. How about introducing yourself and hanging out a bit?

• Members

For introductions, hi. I'm kpax and I play bass in a gigging band.

I'm quite familiar with TB.

Peace.

You heard right!!! We swing with the best of them!!!!

When are you scheduled to go back to kpax?

• Moderators

Peace.

Hello and welcome. Indeed, we tend to be a bit more freewheeling here. That's neither good nor bad, but it's different. Things you might not get in trouble for over here you would over there and vice versa. Think of HCBF as a pub for bass players where we talk about everything, sometimes include bass.

Lots of comments above about in before the lock and such, which sometimes happens when we have talkbass vs. hcbf threads. The idea is bashing another forum or their policies or their mods or... will get you in trouble here. Asking about the differences, will not. Make sense?

Glad to have you here.

• Members

Yup. I'm getting a good vibe already.

Any examples of what will get you banned here and NOT on TB?

Hello and welcome. Indeed, we tend to be a bit more freewheeling here. That's neither good nor bad, but it's different. Things you might not get in trouble for over here you would over there and vice versa. Think of HCBF as a pub for bass players where we talk about everything, sometimes include bass.

Lots of comments above about in before the lock and such, which sometimes happens when we have talkbass vs. hcbf threads. The idea is bashing another forum or their policies or their mods or... will get you in trouble here. Asking about the differences, will not. Make sense?

Glad to have you here.

• Moderators

You're not supposed to say anything Dora the Explorer wouldn't say. Fortunately, I've heard her say 'eat a bag of dicks' several times.

That's a thread title rule. If you see that as a thread title it's because I haven't seen it yet. :D

Archived