ST. Blues Bass

dert_stylus

• Members

They are top notch basses manufactured in a plant in TN. They closed down, but I'd recommend grabbing it. I think you'll be pleased... Jugghaid had one, although the preamp had been swapped for an alembic pre IIRC...

They closed down again? They just reopened in 2006.

EDIT: No, not closed. I just called them. (hehehe)

• Members

All I can say is wow. This has to be the nicest MIK bass I have played. Very smooth fret work and overall design/construction. The only "con" is that the "tone" knob really has no impact on the tone go figure. Pickups are sound pretty damn good without a lot of noise. Otherwise this was a great deal for what I would consider a brand new instrument. The hardshell case was still wrapped in the plastic.

• Members

All I can say is wow. This has to be the nicest MIK bass I have played. Very smooth fret work and overall design/construction. The only "con" is that the "tone" knob really has no impact on the tone go figure. Pickups are sound pretty damn good without a lot of noise. Otherwise this was a great deal for what I would consider a brand new instrument. The hardshell case was still wrapped in the plastic.

I have one, ordered Oct 2007. The tone knob works just fine. You should have them look at yours.

I love it to death, even if my neck joint has gaps on some of the edges and a few fret ends are slightly rough. The neck is also a tad thicker than I like, being a Jazz neck fan, but no big deal. I'll never trade it, ever, as it is my P/J that eats most P's for lunch. Warm as hell.

Pics attached. I'm glad I asked for black pup covers instead of the white ones.

• Members

The neck is also a tad thicker than I like, being a Jazz neck fan, but no big deal. I'll never trade it, ever, as it is my P/J that eats most P's for lunch. Warm as hell.

Well, it does advertise a C neck (think old Fender, "C"hunky). I had a 1982 Fender P with the chunky neck, and I absolutely loved it. Now I have a 1988 G&L SB-1 (split P) with the jazz neck, and that is the only thing that I don't like about it. Better workmanship than the Fender, better tone (IHMO), plays like buttah, but I love that C neck and wish I had it on this one.

• Members

Well, it does advertise a C neck (think old Fender, "C"hunky). I had a 1982 Fender P with the chunky neck, and I absolutely loved it. Now I have a 1988 G&L SB-1 (split P) with the jazz neck, and that is the only thing that I don't like about it. Better workmanship than the Fender, better tone (IHMO), plays like buttah, but I love that C neck and wish I had it on this one.

Yeah, that's the thing - I'm one of those igmos who needs to see and feel a neck, because labels and radius numbers don't enlighten me a whole lot. :facepalm:

I adapt to it just fine, I just happen to prefer a Jazz neck. So you and I will have to break out the sporks and fence! :mad:

;)

• Members

:thumbsup:

I just like the look of the black covers a bit over the white covers (I think my pic is before I took the shrink wrap off), but yours is still a beauty. I was just having a great time practicing with mine today. How do you like the tone(s) after a few days with it?

• Members

:thumbsup:

I just like the look of the black covers a bit over the white covers (I think my pic is before I took the shrink wrap off), but yours is still a beauty. I was just having a great time practicing with mine today. How do you like the tone(s) after a few days with it?

I am loving it. It is a pretty easy bass to play and I can get a variety of tones. I am so glad I got her.

Archived