body mods

poomwah

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't worry, if it sells I can chop up my other mockingbird.

Hey renfield, would a battle axe sort of count as a silverburst?

Umm... no. But that fugly beat you PM'd me would. Seriously dude, like :freak: You need to just give it over to me for a proper burial, it needs to die now.

<__>

What? :D

• Members

{censored} man, you're better off donating it to some kid that wants to learn bass. This kind of thing never, ever ends well.

If you have the requisite tools to make this plan happen, just buy a blank body and make a body, then swap out the neck.

If you don't have the tools to build a body like this from scratch, you have no bidness hacking into a viable bass...

C7

• Members

Can't swap out the neck, its a thru neck. And I don't have the money to buy a blank, the whole idea was about using what I have to work with

{censored} man, you're better off donating it to some kid that wants to learn bass. This kind of thing never, ever ends well.

If you have the requisite tools to make this plan happen, just buy a blank body and make a body, then swap out the neck.

If you don't have the tools to build a body like this from scratch, you have no bidness hacking into a viable bass...

C7

• Members

Wow, the auction sat at less than 90 bucks for a whole day, but in the last hour shot up to 150

The other auction shot up ~$175 in 3 hours.

ebay is fickle. Set it and forget is what I've always done. No sense worrying. Once the other auction ends (19 hours), those guys that lost will come looking for yours.

• Members

How much do you want to get for it? I might buy it just to piss off my ex-wife; that would be 4 basses this year alone. More than I bought in the 8 years we were together.:D

If you're doing the eBay thing, remember that it's the week before Christmas. People are actually holding off on the online thing at this point because they wont get items by Christmas. The week after Christmas will see people who landed a bunch of $$, looking for something to spend it on.

C7

• Members

If you're doing the eBay thing, remember that it's the week before Christmas. People are actually holding off on the online thing at this point because they wont get items by Christmas. The week after Christmas will see people who landed a bunch of $$, looking for something to spend it on.

C7

truff

• Members

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking that myself but it won't let me change it, I get an error saying since I already have bids that I can't change the pic

True, but I believe you can provide a photobucket or similar link to additional pictures when to add to the item description.

EDIT: Your auction is also ending at a difficult time - it's right before Christmas, too late to get it shipped to anyone before the 25th, and the buying audience has slacked off. I'd relist in January if it doesn't sell (along with a lot of pictures) and you should do pretty well. Heck, if it was my auction I'd start it at 99 cents with no reserve. My items usually take better prices this way, for whatever reason. You can even have someone shill for you... not that I would ever do such a thing... just sayin'.

• Members

I kinda had my hopes up when that other one closed for well over 400.

I suppose I will just relist after christmas unless c7 wants it. I'm too chicken to go without a reserve though, if I had done that id be giving up my mock for 152 dollar minus ebay fees. Id much rather chop it up than do that.

C7, I've got the reserve at 275 plus 50 shipping.

• Members

i like traditional basses which sound good

your suggestion reminds me of the peasants horse in dostoevsky's crime and punishment

the peasant beat it to death...those around complained and said he was cruel

'my horse..my horse' he kept shouting

he was blind drunk

• Members

i like traditional basses which sound good

your suggestion reminds me of the peasants horse in dostoevsky's crime and punishment

the peasant beat it to death...those around complained and said he was cruel

'my horse..my horse' he kept shouting

he was blind drunk

Do you mean chopping it as opposed to selling it cheap? Its not one of those redneck "well I will set it on fire before I give it away" type things. It was originally set to meet the axe/saw, but it was suggested to try ebay first, so it got a stay of execution. If noone buys it, the project is back on. If I sold it for 150 dollars, I wouldn't have enough to buy the parts I just sold. Just simple economics.

If you were referring to something else, please excuse my ignorance

• Members

Do you mean chopping it as opposed to selling it cheap? Its not one of those redneck "well I will set it on fire before I give it away" type things. It was originally set to meet the axe/saw, but it was suggested to try ebay first, so it got a stay of execution. If noone buys it, the project is back on. If I sold it for 150 dollars, I wouldn't have enough to buy the parts I just sold. Just simple economics.

If you were referring to something else, please excuse my ignorance

sorry i thought your intention was to make it look like an axe

guess i didnt read enough of the thread

selling would be most practical to me just to have money to use on other things and a clear playing field

if you dont play it...then you wont miss it...the option of doing a project will i think leave you in the red

Archived