NAGD!!! GC RANT!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Crescent Seven

• Members

I got upgraded like Beyonce Knowles this year with the girlfriend.:thu:

She got me a Yamaha AEG for Xmas, totally dope. Stoked like steam engine.

I'll post pics after I take it back to GC and break it over the sales manager's head, he's the one that pushed her to buy this particular guitar.

As usual, they sold it to her as brand new, and she's not a musician so her eye isn't discriminating. The pickguard doesn't have the plastic film on it, and and it quite seriously looks like Pete Townsend bought it, did windmills on it for 29 days, and then brought it back.:facepalm:

If it seems like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, understand that I'm not, I'm just pissed that GC sold her the guitar as new, when the pickguard on it is scratched more aggressively than the one on the Yamaha acoustic I bought used in 1997...

Merry Christmas everyone!

C7

• Members

Word. I really really really really like the guitar, I just want to know that if she paid full new price for it, it's brand new. I'm upset that the manager saw her as an uneducated buyer and pushed her to buy a returned guitar as brand new. There isn't a single guitar player on the planet that would have bought this guitar, except maybe Jeff Healey.

He'll probably sell it as new again after we return it, even though he had to pull it all the way out of his ass.:D

C7

• Members

Haven't you heard of road worn, dude? Sheesh. That sucks, man. 84th & Sheridan?

Yup. She lives very near there, 80th and Wads.

It's a beautiful guitar aside from the pickguard, it plays and sounds great unplugged. What I worry about is, if it was a return, what was the issue? Intermittant electronics? Neck issue? Not quite right for playing The Clash? You just never know...however, the salesman did know it was scratched; he told her that she just had to peel the plastic off of the pickguard. There's no plastic on the pickguard. Anyone that's ever seen a brand new guitar knows what a plastic covered pickguard looks like...

So basically, I'm going to go ahead and tear into the manager over it. Don't {censored} with my lady OR her munny.:D She wants to lay into him but she knows I'll get way more joy from it.:)

C7

• Members

Just a suggestion, if it plays well, and you can't find anything wrong with the neck,and can't get the electronics to cut out...don't return it, it still has a warranty. Bitch them out unti?l they give you a discount on it, then use that money to take your lady out to dinner

• Members

Just a suggestion, if it plays well, and you can't find anything wrong with the neck,and can't get the electronics to cut out...don't return it, it still has a warranty. Bitch them out unti?l they give you a discount on it, then use that money to take your lady out to dinner

You must not be versed in the ways of The GC, padawan. They'd rather take it back and try to sell it as new again, than give me a dime of discount, and even if they did, they would do it as store credit.

I figure on just returning it. Depending on how much they kiss my ass and how profusely they apologize to my girlfriend, I'll either select another guitar at that location, or cruise on down the road to another guitar shop, one that wants to earn some loyalty by simply selling me a product honestly.:)

C7

• Members

Man! I feel for ya C7. Merry {censored}ing Christmas anyway dude,and don't draw any charges when you right this wrong! At least not any felony charges!!! Lol

Nah, I won't cop any charges. It's not THAT big of a deal. GC honors their 30 day return policy. We'll be returning the gig bag as well; the zipper is broken.:rolleyes:

I will ask the manager what he's willing to do to keep me from walking out the door with the money in my hand, but I'm not optimistic.

I'd rather give these guys my business, anyways.

C7

• Members

I just have to say that the guys at the GC did everything right by me today.

I was wrong about the pickguard, the plastic was on there, but even the manager thought it was scratched. One of the salesguys pointed out that on Yamaha's it's next to impossible to tell there's a film on there, and he used his razor knife to pull a tiny little tag of the film up far enough to grab it and peel it off.

We walked in without a receipt (couldn't find it anywhere...), and they re-printed a receipt, and were ready to do whatever I wanted to make it right. I didn't even have to say anything mean.

So yeah, credit where it's due. And the gig bag was exchanged no problem.:thu:

C7

• Members

I just have to say that the guys at the GC did everything right by me today.

I was wrong about the pickguard, the plastic was on there, but even the manager thought it was scratched. One of the salesguys pointed out that on Yamaha's it's next to impossible to tell there's a film on there, and he used his razor knife to pull a tiny little tag of the film up far enough to grab it and peel it off.

We walked in without a receipt (couldn't find it anywhere...), and they re-printed a receipt, and were ready to do whatever I wanted to make it right. I didn't even have to say anything mean.

So yeah, credit where it's due. And the gig bag was exchanged no problem.
:thu:
C7

There you go - not all folk who work in retail are douches! Glad they got it sorted for you.

Advice for anyone who wants to return something due to a falt/being mis-sold, don't shout or be mad at the person behind the till. Just ask nice and if they are good at their job they will sort you out in no time. As someone who has worked in retail for 3 years it makes a big difference. Being a bit edgy/agressive with shop staff puts them on edge and makes them more likely to make mistakes and annoy you futher.

If it turns out that they are an idiot then that's another story lol

• Members

Why do I love C7? He shoots first and asks questions later.
:lol:

That's the only way to roll.

Walk in, hit dude with claw hammer, ask him why he {censored}ed my sister, and when he says he's a virgin gay eunoch that just got to town from Venice, apologize profusely, then hit the guy sitting next to him.:idea:

C7

• Members

I'm glad that worked out.Seems like the GC dudes natonwide are a little "clicky".When I started jamming with a dude that works at GC,everone who works at the local shop here,started viewing me more as a friend,than as a mooch.Works well for all as those guys get dibs on trade-in equip,plus other perks!

• Members

There you go - not all folk who work in retail are douches! Glad they got it sorted for you.

Advice for anyone who wants to return something due to a falt/being mis-sold, don't shout or be mad at the person behind the till. Just ask nice and if they are good at their job they will sort you out in no time. As someone who has worked in retail for 3 years it makes a big difference. Being a bit edgy/agressive with shop staff puts them on edge and makes them more likely to make mistakes and annoy you futher.

If it turns out that they are an idiot then that's another story lol

I work in a shop as well, and I will admit that if someone comes in with a problem and is nice and polite then I will generally do everything I can to help them.

If they come in and instantly start on the attack, I have no desire to help them out and will do the minimum I can to get rid of them.

• Members

As usual, they sold it to her as brand new, and she's not a musician so her eye isn't discriminating. The pickguard doesn't have the plastic film on it, and
and it quite seriously looks like Pete Townsend bought it, did windmills on it for 29 days, and then brought it back.
:facepalm:

:lol::lol::lol:

I just laughed so hard.

Archived