For some reason, I really want a Triumph Street Triple R

der oxenrig

• Members

Pssh, you call that a bike? THIS is a bike.

sobreduasrodas-Asphaltfighters-Stormbrin

Asphaltfighters Stormbringer

Yes, even the name is awesome. :D

It has a top speed of more than 320 km/h; a rated power output of 220 hp / 161.9 kW, which in booster mode grows to 280 hp / 206 kW. It's based on the ZX-10R which is a pretty nice bike to begin with. My brother has the ZZR-1400 (Euro equiv of the ZX-14) which is pretty unreal even stock. He wants to get it tuned. :facepalm:

• Members

Pssh, you call that a bike? THIS is a bike.

sobreduasrodas-Asphaltfighters-Stormbrin

Asphaltfighters Stormbringer

Yes, even the name is awesome.
:D

It has a top speed of more than 320 km/h; a rated power output of 220 hp / 161.9 kW, which in booster mode grows to 280 hp / 206 kW.

That has to be the most retarded thing I've ever seen in my life for street use.

• Members

Yeah I've sat on the street triple... I used to lust after them but after having my ninjas I've decided I want to get a more 'sporty' cruiser style bike. I like the adventure aspect of biking rather than the speed and adrenaline. I'm probably going to end up buying a Bonneville at the end of the year. Either that or an old 750cc Nighthawk. Sometimes I even look with temptation at used Harley Sportsters... (easy to find on craigslist for good prices) even though I know a Bonneville would run circles around them.

Someday, I might get a full fledged sport touring bike, but for right now I'm wanting a bike that's comfortable, affordable, and I can just jump on and "Go"... if you know what I mean.

• Members

I originally wanted a Bonneville... until I sat on one... boy, that's an uncomfortable riding position! Got on my (current) bike in the showroom, a '00 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic, and it was like it was made for me.

7621_1201469396736_1228590743_30737632_6

Thing is, it won't do a wheelie unless I have a 300 lb woman on the back of it. :facepalm:

The Street Triple R would be nice to have in addition to it.

• Members
I originally wanted a Bonneville... until I sat on one... boy, that's an uncomfortable riding position! Got on my (current) bike in the showroom, a '00 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic, and it was like it was made for me.

7621_1201469396736_1228590743_30737632_6

Thing is, it won't do a wheelie unless I have a 300 lb woman on the back of it.
:facepalm:

The Street Triple R would be nice to have in addition to it.

Should have sat on an America. I did......it's in my garage.

• Members

Sean, that's because you're tall, if I recall. the Bonnie fit me like a glove. It just wasnt what I wanted in a bike at the time. There's a condition you seem to have that's alot like GAS - its called MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome) and its incurable just like GAS.

Every rider needs at least 4 bikes: Daily rider, sportbike/hooligan, tourer and dirt/DS. ;)

• Members

I'm probably going to end up buying a Bonneville at the end of the year. Either that or an old
750cc Nighthawk
. Sometimes I even look with temptation at used Harley Sportsters... (easy to find on craigslist for good prices) even though I know a Bonneville would run circles around them.

Someday, I might get a full fledged sport touring bike, but for right now I'm wanting a bike that's comfortable, affordable, and I can just jump on and "Go"... if you know what I mean.

You've got a perfect bike in the CB750 for what you're talking about. I owned a '96 CB750 for about five years, and it was just a fantastic bike to ride and to own. It would destroy anything called a Sportster in comfort, reliability, performance, rode as easy as anything, cost next to nothing (comparatively) and looked great. You simply cannot touch the post '90/91 CB750's for the best deal in all of motorcycling, they just do it all better, and for less than anything remotely comparable. There are still days when I miss my old Nighthawk, I wanted to keep it so bad when I bought the VFR800 but just couldn't justify two bikes. That bike never once let me down in any category.

• Members

Should have sat on an America. I did......it's in my garage.

Beat me to it! The Triumph America is probably my favorite cruiser out in the last decade. I was going to buy one awhile ago, but someone stole the bike I'd owned at the time, so there went my trade-in money. It's a friggin laz boy on wheels.

This is the exact color/version I was going to buy:

Img_0041.jpg

Img_0015.jpg

• Members

Beat me to it! The Triumph America is probably my favorite cruiser out in the last decade. I was going to buy one awhile ago, but someone stole the bike I'd owned at the time, so there went my trade-in money. It's a friggin laz boy on wheels.

I love mine. I have better looking bags on it now.

Triumph2.jpg

• Members

Make sure you like the sound of the triple! I bought a Sprint ST once and put pipes on it. I wanted to drive into a tree! The trip firing order is inherently unbalance and made this drone in my helmet like two strings out of tune. AHHH

HOnda Superhawk. Cheap, wheelies like a dragster, comfortable and fun as hell! I actually race one for years and beat Ducatis all day long! thats the bike in my avatar pic.

CBR1000RR is the new beast.

• Members

No {censored}? My CBR1000RR doesnt even like to do wheelies in 2nd! You got some S&S stuff in there? Or do those old shovel's have THAT much torque?

Yeah, it's got some S&S goodies in there: their 3 and 5/8" big bore kit, 4 and 1/2" stroker lower end, ported, flowed and dual plugged heads, Andrews C grind cam, that the heads were ported and flowed to, Thunderjet and Yost power tube in the E carb, and *a few* other things... It's an FXRS, and AFAIK, the FXR series put more torque to the pavement than any other Harley chassis... I've also done a few passes on a dyno, to dial in the carb and ignition - it's barely under 100 hp at the rear wheel, which is really good - considering that it's under 100 ci...

- georgestrings

Archived