Since I share everything else

Thunderbroom

• Members

I found out this morning that my dad died.

:cry:

While I've been on my own for 25+ years and haven't lived near him since I set out on my own, we were as close as we could be. He was a great dad and certainly shaped me into the man I am today.

In 1968, when I was 2, he got custody of my older sister and me. He reared me to adulthood with no assistance from my birth mother. While we had typical father/son disagreements, I had nothing but respect for him. He could have abandoned my sister and I (like our mother) but didn't. He stuck around.

He had his first heart attack at 45, another at 47 and had a myriad of health issues including diabetes and Parkinson's. Next week he was supposed to go in for surgery to confirm that he had rectal cancer. He did not want to go in for the surgery. He was 70.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I found out this morning that my dad died.

:cry:

While I've been on my own for 25+ years and haven't lived near him since I set out on my own, we were as close as we could be. He was a great dad and certainly shaped me into the man I am today.

In 1968, when I was 2, he got custody of my older sister and me. He reared me to adulthood with no assistance from my birth mother. While we had typical father/son disagreements, I had nothing but respect for him. He could have abandoned my sister and I (like our mother) but didn't. He stuck around.

He had his first heart attack at 45, another at 47 and had a myriad of health issues including diabetes and Parkinson's. Next week he was supposed to go in for surgery to confirm that he had rectal cancer. He did not want to go in for the surgery. He was 70.

Wow, just cruising the front page and saw this thread... :( Very sorry to hear this, man. :( VERY sorry.

• Members

Mojo sent bro. :(

The older I get the more I realize one day this will become a reality. I've already lost both Papa's, and my dad's Mom is in the hospital (but getting better, thankfully) for a number of things, and it just makes you realize the times you did have together really are that special.

Archived