Punkbass build thread, part 1

mlwarriner

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
lemme guess, you can also tell string spacing, at the bridge, to the half-millimeter, from a grainy, out of focus webcam photo, can't you???

:p

Hey, I once had a Guitard Center manager tell me that the bass I was trying to trade in needed a whole new set up just by looking at it.... from 6 feet away.... on the other side of a counter.... without even touching or playing it.

:facepalm:

• Members
Hey, I once had a Guitard Center manager tell me that the bass I was trying to trade in needed a whole new set up just by looking at it.... from 6 feet away.... on the other side of a counter.... without even touching or playing it.

To be fair, if you set them up like Optimus Prime does, he could tell it needed a setup. :lol:

• Members

dumbass...

I have had the Guitard Center people tell me some ridiculous things as well.

but it normally makes my day! :lol:

• Members
To be fair, if you set them up like Optimus Prime does, he
could
tell it needed a setup.
:lol:

So THAT'S how he knew it needed work.....:idea:

In all seriousness though, this was the same guy who told me that he set up every bass on guitard center's walls. He must have missed the bass I picked up that has so much back bow you couldn't play a single note on it. :facepalm:

This guy also said roundwounds are supposed to buzz, when I told him one of the basses I was playing had way too much fret buzz for my taste.
(way too much being any at all.... :poke:)

He then took it out of my hands (without even asking) and started slapping and popping on it like a some wanker.

quote: "I don't hear any buzzing."

Yeah.... he was serious.

• Members

:eek: This is SO much like my first bass...wehavegreattaste:thu:

There was another Descendents sticker next to the cat in the hat. The back of the neck was a spiderwebbed coffin design(missing some pieces by then) I did into grip tape for someones skateboard.

Archived