Punkbass build thread, part 1

mlwarriner

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm just worried about destroying it with the strings. because i'm not clearcoating the fretboard
:mad:

Don't know if you saw, but (earlier post) I posted pics of my old bass that looks almost just like this...fretboard sticker and all. Point is, I played that thing for a long time, and the sticker I had on the frets remained unharmed...so I think you should be ok:thu:

• Members

so i got all the electronics last night, only to find that the pots won't go in the cavity, and i can't rout out to make room.

so i'm ordering some mini pots from allparts.

pondering what to use for knobs. i'm thinking one strat style, one gibson speedknob and one dice.

the spare control hole will fit the look as well.

• Members
I say veto the Strat knob, just doesn't make sense to me for whatever reason and instead leave one knob off entirely. I like the mismatched concept though.
:thu:

Dam you! I was just about to say leave off one or more of the knobs. I'd go for a chicken head knob, a Gibson and empty on the last one.

• Members
Dam you! I was just about to say leave off one or more of the knobs. I'd go for a chicken head knob, a Gibson and empty on the last one.

Speed knob on the volume is a must for punk. Maybe something else completely odd and ill fitting. I think GM has a collection of weird old knobs, maybe hit him up for something else, and definitely leave one off.

My punk bass, Mabel

5570_248253720415_532755415_8243648_1444

• Members
I say veto the Strat knob, just doesn't make sense to me for whatever reason and instead leave one knob off entirely. I like the mismatched concept though.
:thu:

I've actually ordered a set of mustang knobs, takeout is going to give me a chickenhead, and i'll likely leave one post naked. plus - with the previous electronics, there were four holes. i'm only using three.

• Members

I've actually ordered a set of mustang knobs, takeout is going to give me a chickenhead, and i'll likely leave one post naked. plus - with the previous electronics, there were four holes. i'm only using three.

I don't know what, but you need to adorn the spare hole in some fashion.

Archived