Where do you guys rehearse?

Rumble Bass

• Members

I used to have a practice space. It was awesome, but I was in charge of collecting rent from everyone and paying it, which was kind of a pain in the ass. Currently, the band I'm in practices in the drummer's parent's basement.

• Members

My drummer has a 3 car garage. We left the 2 car space as garage and built "The Cave". He had an electrician run a separate AC run and wall jacks and put in an air conditioner.. We had Auralex foam from a previous space in the guitarists house, so it's all done up as our little rehearsal space and recording studio. The only thing he doesn't have is a hole in the wall between the cave and the office/bedroom on the other side of the wall where the computer lives, so we run a snake in the door...

• Members

For years my old band practiced at the guitarist's banquet hall. He was the kitchen manager/owner. There was always leftover food and booze. It was the greatest place ever to practice. I can't imagine a more ideal place to rock.

Here's a video we did. It's mostly shot there. Hang around for the middle section. There's a little tour of the facilities.

[YOUTUBE]bgtMfm3aWz4[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Drummers spare bedroom.

Lets see, over the years my drummer and I (the same drummer i have now) have used:

His tiny ass bedroom (complete with all normal bedroom furniture in it)

His mothers living room

His kitchen in a small apartment, the dining nook really

Practice space shared with another band (that sucked)

Then we came around full circle...

Back to his bedroom with all bedroom furniture in a REALLY small room.

Then he moved and we had the entire basement, half was unfinished practice space and the other half was the "chill" room / control room (best)

Now he just moved again and we're in the spare bedroom I mentioned above

• Members

is that every time you practice? or monthly?

is the place furnished with amps/drums/etc?

that's {censored}in' crazy
:eek:

around here, the big storage units (u-stor-it, etc) go for like 50 a month.
:idk:

Our practice space (just the space...nothing else) was $200 a month...

• Members

I built a 2 car garage/practice studio in the back yard last year. We practice and record there. Back in the 80's one band rented a one car storage facility and for another, we rented an 8000sq ft warehouse for $225 per month - utilities included and it was right next to the James River. we had access to another 8000 sq ft just upstairs and access to the roof which was level to a raised train track and commanded an awesome view of the river. We would throw keg parties to raise the rent... Those days and deals are loooong gone now... but make for awesome memories! :cool:

• Members

rehersal studio, current living situations don't allow for anything else.

I've had practice spaces in my basement (when i had a house), friend's basement, living room, garage, pole barn, shed, basically anywhere.

IMO when you have a space you have to pay for people tend to behave a little differently and take the time more seriously.

• Members

Our guitarist, under his house, have the same surface in garage. So drummer has setted up his two drumkits, acoustic and electronic, and we have all more surface that we need to reharse in very good conditions (we are only three. In my ex band, we were six to reharse in 20 square meters, which was already a chance to have a dedicated space.)

Archived