Where do you guys rehearse?

Rumble Bass

• Members

We have a really nice space in my drummers parents garage. The garage was a 3 car with a two car door and a one car side. The ceilings are very high as it was a "barn style" garage. About 10 years ago, when my drummer still lived at home, we had a carpenter friend build a wall closing off the one car side from the 2 car side. We insulated it, put in AC and heat, and ran new power to it so it could handle the load. Its all drywalled and carpeted as well. He has since moved out, but his parents don't mind that we still use the room.

• Members

around here, the big storage units (u-stor-it, etc) go for like 50 a month.
:idk:

We used to practice in a big 'U-Store-It' kinda place. Forget what it cost but it was pretty cheap and you could leave your gear set up, ready for the next practice. Just roll the door up and there ya are :thu:

Last I heard storage places wouldn't let bands use them for practice anymore. Might be due to the impromptu parties that seemed to break out as a result of 'Hey! I hear some music! Let's go see what's happenin...'.

• Members

We used to rent a dedicated room, $450 - 650 monhtly at the rehearsal studios around San Diego. It still boggles my mind that a) it costed that much and b) we paid it. Now, I can't imagine spending that kind of dough unless the band was rakin' in the cash.

I have a spare bedroom in a large attached apartment for playing now.

Archived