It's been one year since the split...

Crescent Seven

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the real question is, wouldn't he have to buy some sort of membership if he wants to have a 40 to drop?

What are you talking about? Only t3ch drops 40's. C7 would attack you with a claw hammer for that accusation. :poke:

But no. Utah changed the laws so you don't have to have a club membership anymore. Most clubs will still have a cover charge for nights with live music, but that just goes to the band.

• Members
What are you talking about? Only t3ch drops 40's. C7 would attack you with a claw hammer for that accusation. :poke:

But no. Utah changed the laws so you don't have to have a club membership anymore. Most clubs will still have a cover charge for nights with live music, but that just goes to the band.

Oh man, ultimate fail for me. Back to the corner I go ...But I'm glad to hear you're doing so well through all this C7!

• Members

Dayum Josh that's some real life right there....glad to hear things are on the up swing although I do understand your feelings. After devoting years of your life to somebody even after moving on it does not undo all that happened in the past.

I for one consider it a pleasure to have been around that weekend in March, even if I did miss some of the late night activities :D

You are living proof that it is ALWAYS worth hanging on to life no matter how bad things get.

• Members

Glad to hear it's going well for you, Josh. Running into the ex doesn't get much easier, but you get by... We all have a mask that we put on for those encounters. My ex originally lived over 10 miles away. Hardly saw each other except family events for the kids. Now she moved in with someone in the next subdivision so we use the same grocery stores, gas stations, drug stores, etc... It's been just over 12 years and I still hate to run into her for what she did to me AND the kids. Even though she owes me for 6 months of child support, I'd rather not have to deal with her than have the money for a new amp, if that tells you anything... :p

Keep on looking up and getting better!!! :thu:

• Members

Are you sure you have a penis ?:thu:

It's been a good year.
:)

If you don't give a {censored} about me, stop reading here.

So a year ago, I was borderline suicidal, drifting back toward addiction, and wondering what went wrong. Amanda left me, but left me high and dry with a plan to take advantage of her financial position.

A year on, I have a new best friend, someone that loves me and fits the role of the muse that I never really had. I am kicking {censored}ing serious ass in school, working my ass off and achieving again, and I feel good about my life again.

Tonight, my roommate and I went to the bar and Amanda happened to be there. In a year, this is the first time that's happened, where we found ourselves in the same social scene. I went over to the table and I talked to her and a mutual friend, chatted about this and that, and I mentioned that it had been exactly a year. In typical Josh fashion, I raised my glass and clinked hers, and it was immediately apparent that it hurt her for me to do that.

It didn't feel good to me when I realized that I hurt her. It surprised me that she was hurt by that comment.

I'm not confused and I'm not disillusioned, I think it's actually a good thing that I still give a {censored}.

She approached me a few minutes later and gave me a vicodin (I dislocated my shoulder a couple of days ago), and I apologized, and bought her a shot.

I'm still incredibly attached to the good times, I'm still incredibly protective of her. If some douchebag put his hands on her with malice I'd break his {censored}ing soul. I want her to be OK, even though I despise what she did to me.

I'm drunk and I'm crying and I wish things had gone differently but that's life and I know that I'm better off now.

Crucial thanks to Kindness and the Sviatko's and Catphish and the rest of the people in IL that let me land there when I fell, it made all of the difference. That weekend last March saved my {censored}ing life.

C7

• Members

I understand what you are saying. Even with everything I go through with my ex..... the constant demands for more money, the veiled attempts to sabotage my relationship with the girls, the extortion attempts every holiday, the false accusations.......even with all that, I don't want to see anyone harm her, and the man that does is going to have hell rain down from me.

• Moderators

I'm proud of you Josh and I'm impressed by how well you've adapted. One year is hardly any time at all to deal with a massive shock like that. It probably hurts her to see how well you're doing and to know that when she was around she wasn't bringing out the best in you.

I imagine the weekend you were here is a bit of a blur for you with all the new people and things going on, but I remember when we went out for pizza by ourselves and got a chance to talk. You talked about being able to go out with Amanda, have a drink and remember the good times without blaming her for all the bad. You just did that. Match that up with the rest of the things you're doing and to me it looks dangerously close to being in control of your own path. That's huge and nothing like your life a year and a half ago.

I have more to say, but its all things you don't need me to say and basically amounts to a big pat on the back. :thu:

Archived