The Guitars of HCBF

fretless

• Members
I want to buy a new guitar so I have something playable to use again. I'd like to play more guitar to help with song writing, but get no fun from playing it at all it plays so badly, so I just give up and grab a bass instead.

Yeah since neither of mine are playable either. :facepalm::poke:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah since neither of mine are playable either.
:facepalm:
:poke:

I want a $400-500 off-the-shell guitar to have a readily playable guitar again to noodle on, it's all I really need at my level. You refuse to own anything less than a $5,000 custom Strat, so can keep dreaming. :poke:

• Members
I want a $400-500 off-the-shell guitar to have a readily playable guitar again to noodle on, it's all I really need at my level. You refuse to own anything less than a $5,000 Strat, so can keep dreaming. :poke:

I'm ok with a cheaper one for the time being. As long as it plays and doesn't sound like any of those :facepalm:

You know...we could share and stuff. :D

• Members
I'm ok with a cheaper one for the time being. As long as it plays and doesn't sound like any of those

You know...we could share and stuff.
:D

Godin is up there in the Great White North , I bet you could get deals on those , nice guitars too .

• Members
I'm ok with a cheaper one for the time being. As long as it plays and doesn't sound like any of those

You know...we could share and stuff

That's why I keep saying I should get a guitar first. It's a fraction of the price of the one you want, will sound great as is (that mean I won't be modding it), and can be had for around $500.

I also see an Ibanez as being more practical (over the Tele) if I'm only going to have one guitar for the next who knows how long. You know how nice to play those are, so am sure you can't object too much.

• Members

Godin is up there in the Great White North , I bet you could get deals on those , nice guitars too .

I can pick up the phone and call up Robert Godin directly if I want to buy. :D

I {censored}ing hate their current bass offerings, but they do make a sweet guitar, a few of them actually, I will admit.

We're moving a long distance in 15 months though, no major purchases in our household for a long time to come.

• Members
I can pick up the phone and call up Robert Godin directly if I want to buy.

I {censored}ing hate their current bass offerings, but they do make a sweet guitar, a few of them actually, I will admit.

Cool ! The multiac are some of the finest to be had . But like you said they offer many nice models .

• Members

I also see an Ibanez as being more practical (over the Tele) if I'm only going to have one guitar for the next who knows how long. You know how nice to play those are, so am sure you can't object too much.

I've only played the Universe and that was $2,500. But no, I can't really argue to much with that.

• Members
If you ever run out of space or anything, feel free to send a couple of those to my house. I will take very good care of them, I promise.

Actually, we are very serious about a move across town. We are waiting for the homeowners to set a price and for the mortgage broker to get back to us with a pre-approval. It only makes sense for me to send 3/4 of my collection to Canada for safe-keeping during the move, right? ;)

I'd truly like to get rid of the Epi, but it was a gift from my dad. So I don't know how to approach that one just yet.

• Members

Samick Greg Bennett SJ-14

geetars002.jpg

My "Frakenstrat", which is a heavily modified Strat body, with a Kramer neck. My brother and I built this one sometime in the late 80's/early 90's. I then had the volume knob moved down, and consolidated the two tone knobs, because the volume interfered with my palm muting. Had to have a custom pick guard built, too. I've gigged with this baby.

geetars006.jpg

Archived