The Guitars of HCBF

fretless

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can I make a take my wife...please. Joke here?
:lol:

Mine is Epi LP Jr. I hate it.

I actually have a guitar similar to yours - an Epiphone "collegiate" Les Paul. Meaning they took a Junior, put college artwork on it and charged an extra $200 or so for it.

I need to put new pots in it since I pulled the volume knob shaft out of the pot when removing a replacement knob ...

• Members
I have one of these. I rarely play it, and am thinking of selling it. Baja Telecaster.

537338.jpg

Those are nice guitars - and the cheapest way I found to get into a butterscotch finish. :DUnfortunately, the one I played had horribly sharp frets - and the $800 or so price tag seemed astronomical, personally. But I'd bet a good one is really a good guitar.

• Members

{censored} me which head is that? I want so badly to get my own HT5 but Matt already has one
:o
. How do their cabs sound?

It's just the HT-5. I haven't tried it with any cabs other than the Blackstar ones - I was just going to try it out on Saturday when I noticed that GC had failed to remove their 45% off tag from January 1, and so I had to snatch it up before they noticed their mistake. Anyway, I'm really happy with the sound - I think a pickup swap might finally get my guitar tone to the happy place.

• Members

ahh come on ! :poke:

It's no big deal, really and has been shown here before. Just a Franken Strat with a bad paint job and worse PG. If I had the money to drop into fixing it up, it would be nice to have looking decent again, I've owned it longer than anything else, 18 years.

The neck is beat on it, the frets all but gone from so many fret dresses, I want to hang it on the wall for good and retire it. But can't bring myself to hang it up looking the way it does and can't justify spending the money on something just so I can retire it. So it just sits there collecting dust as the years go by. I've probably picked it up twice in 3 years.

I want to buy a new guitar so I have something playable to use again. I'd like to play more guitar to help with song writing, but get no fun from playing it at all it plays so badly, so I just give up and grab a bass instead.

• Members

Here it is. It started life as a 1988 MIJ Strat, and has since had everything but the wood changed on it at one point or other. The wood has been scuplted in some places mind you, but it is the original pieces, if not the shapes.

7435_290780315415_532755415_9043608_4746

Archived