I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chunky-b

View Post

I don't want to bash another forum, but I made the personal decision to leave EB over the narrow minded group think, stereotyping, and hateful bashing of anyone who does not think or believe exactly like the clique. (Mostly in the Chik-fil-A thread.) Got tired of the intolerance and left. It was no longer a discussion, just a bandwagon hate session. No biggie. Now I hang out here with the tumbleweeds and Thudmaker. smile.gif

They have their moments. I've stayed out of that thread though I've gotten into other threads like that at times. I can understand the break. I've taken them at times as well when I just felt I was on the outside looking in.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

They have their moments. I've stayed out of that thread though I've gotten into other threads like that at times. I can understand the break. I've taken them at times as well when I just felt I was on the outside looking in.

On a side note, I suspect more of them here for a bit. eBassist's giving me a database error right now. Those don't normally sound all that good.

Well I better go help Thuddy clean up the place and put some folding chairs out if we are going to have company soon... smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Well I better go help Thuddy clean up the place and put some folding chairs out if we are going to have company soon... smile.gif

They bounced back quicker than I expected. Database errors are one of those tricky things.

• Members

"Can't fix stupid." I got road raged this morning. Was exiting a traffic circle (that's a whole other story) and the line of cars in front of me all stayed in the left lane and were going 10-15 below speed limit. So I signaled and moved to the right lane to pass everyone (I know the left lane is for passing and the right lane is for riding, at least on this side of the pond, but they don't). As I move over, the Ford Explorer in front of move whips over in front of me, causing me to slam on brakes and the driver starts waving his hands and cussing/yelling at me. People are stupid and crazy. I just sit there behind him a second. He isn't speeding up, he isn't passing the slow cars. he is riding beside them to box me in. So I move back to the left lane. By now he is getting really animated and I see him looking out the drivers window waiting for me to pull up beside him. I know better, so i wait for him to slow down and the car ahead of me to move on, and fly past him and he swerved over like he was going to side swipe me. I just out ran him and turned into my office complex to get out of sight before he followed me to a parking space...

I hate stupid people...

• Members

That kind of driving bothers me as well. I'll be transitioning from one freeway to another on the way home and the transition starts out as one lane but another lane connects in on the right. It usually has no cars and the left lane's always crawling. Usually I can gun it in the right lane (and it's a highway so no issues on passing on the right, here in Cali) but I've had a few idiots jump out from the left land and not accelerate.

The thing I always end up having problems with is multiple turn lanes. There's a street that's 3 lanes at a 3-way intersection; left for left turn, middle for left or right turn, right for right turn. There's a freeway onramp that's requires turning right, then getting into the left lane to turn left. The problem is, most of the time, the people do this making their right turn in the far right lane. I've pissed a number of people off by turning right from the middle lane as they try to drift two lanes over and realize there's someone else there. Had someone honk at me, too. What, for your stupidity in not turning from the correct lane?

• Members

View Post

That kind of driving bothers me as well. I'll be transitioning from one freeway to another on the way home and the transition starts out as one lane but another lane connects in on the right. It usually has no cars and the left lane's always crawling. Usually I can gun it in the right lane (and it's a highway so no issues on passing on the right, here in Cali) but I've had a few idiots jump out from the left land and not accelerate.

The thing I always end up having problems with is multiple turn lanes. There's a street that's 3 lanes at a 3-way intersection; left for left turn, middle for left or right turn, right for right turn. There's a freeway onramp that's requires turning right, then getting into the left lane to turn left. The problem is, most of the time, the people do this making their right turn in the far right lane. I've pissed a number of people off by turning right from the middle lane as they try to drift two lanes over and realize there's someone else there. Had someone honk at me, too. What, for your stupidity in not turning from the correct lane?

I am convinced that a majority of drivers / humans are not taught to use foresight. They use right here, right now, reading a text message. I see people who drive the same route everyday and still don't know which lanes end, starts, merges. I see people who know a lane ends but they stay in it past all of the signs, warnings, pavement markings, and wait until the last second and want to jump over. I see people who want to turn, stop mid lane and wait for the world to stop and let them make a dangerous lane change, when they could have just made the block or turned in a parking lot, but no, they are so self absorbed they want to put us all in a dangerous situation so they can get what they want... People are crazy stupid.

• Members

View Post

Did you get runoff, too?!?! tongue.gif

XPFHf.gif

Most of the HCBF forumites moving to ebassist is what did it in. All of the old timers in ebassist have really left. They left hcbf because of how it was and then when most of the hcbf forumites moved over, sure it wasn't hcbf but ebassist lost most of it's charm. A lot of the assholes in hcbf moved to ebassist and while they aren't like they were here, they're still assholes. While I'm not saying I know why Allen stepped down, I have a good idea why I think he did. It isn't worth my time anymore to say the least. It's just some grey lukewarm place now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

XPFHf.gif

Most of the HCBF forumites moving to ebassist is what did it in. All of the old timers in ebassist have really left. They left hcbf because of how it was and then when most of the hcbf forumites moved over, sure it wasn't hcbf but ebassist lost most of it's charm. A lot of the assholes in hcbf moved to ebassist and while they aren't like they were here, they're still assholes. While I'm not saying I know why Allen stepped down, I have a good idea why I think he did. It isn't worth my time anymore to say the least. It's just some grey lukewarm place now.

Depending on your settings, it's a lukewarm BROWN place... smile.gif

• Moderators

View Post

Who are these assholes?

• Moderators

View Post

You just can't have anything nice around here!!!! tongue.gif

icon_lol.gif

Well, I'd really like to know. You know Rowka and Low Tone were posting on ebassist when it was called something else. They are still there. Many "old-timers" leave, because they expect things to remain stagnant. Many old-timers leave, because they moved on and found something better. Have you ever seen an old town that never changes? What would you say about that town? Most places, people move in and people move out. Businesses change in the downtown, a family diner gets run out because McDonalds moves in, etc. Life goes on.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ThudMaker

View Post

icon_lol.gif

Well, I'd really like to know. You know Rowka and Low Tone were posting on ebassist when it was called something else. They are still there. Many "old-timers" leave, because they expect things to remain stagnant. Many old-timers leave, because they moved on and found something better. Have you ever seen an old town that never changes? What would you say about that town? Most places, people move in and people move out. Businesses change in the downtown, a family diner gets run out because McDonalds moves in, etc. Life goes on.

So your saying that EB is the Walmart to your local dollar store?!?! smile.gif

• Moderators

View Post

So your saying that EB is the Walmart to your local dollar store?!?! smile.gif

No. I'm saying 2 things. 1) I'd really like to know who Oldivor thinks the bad characters are that are causing the bass forums to decline. That way, when/if they drift over this way, I can keep an eye on them. 2) life is very fluid even if one wants to keep one's head buried in the sand.

• Members

View Post

No. I'm saying 2 things. 1) I'd really like to know who Oldivor thinks the bad characters are that are causing the bass forums to decline. That way, when/if they drift over this way, I can keep an eye on them. 2) life is very fluid even if one wants to keep one's head buried in the sand.

Understood. For what it's worth, the main people who ran me off from EB were some of the same people I most wanted to sit down and have a beer with if I ever made a GTG or got to meet other members in person... Oh well... wave.gif

• Members

View Post

XPFHf.gif

Even with some of the HCBF people moving to eBassist, HCBF was doing well until the 2.0 debacle. That sent people flying. Now we've got MC which started off well but doesn't get all that much activity now, HCBF which still has pretty low amounts of activity, and eBassist which seems to have the most activity but still doesn't rival the better days of HCBF.

eBassist for me has been hit and miss. A lot of times, I just felt like I was on the outside looking in. I took breaks from the forum and it probably was for the best.

Anyway, good to see you around here. I'd wondered what you'd been up to.

• Members

View Post

Who are these assholes?

See nothing, hear nothing, say nothnig.

View Post

Even with some of the HCBF people moving to eBassist, HCBF was doing well until the 2.0 debacle. That sent people flying. Now we've got MC which started off well but doesn't get all that much activity now, HCBF which still has pretty low amounts of activity, and eBassist which seems to have the most activity but still doesn't rival the better days of HCBF.

eBassist for me has been hit and miss. A lot of times, I just felt like I was on the outside looking in. I took breaks from the forum and it probably was for the best.

Anyway, good to see you around here. I'd wondered what you'd been up to.

Well the 2.0 is what moved most of them over to ebassist. But meh, enough about that unpleasant topic.

For me... Around finals I got "laid off" beacuse I laid into my boss about him going behind my back and treating me disrespectfully in general. Normally I'd be second guessing if I did the right thing or not but I can't honestly think of anywho who has left that company and been on good terms with the boss. So no lost sleep over that, I'm just annoyed I put so much into that job/internship and then got blatantly disrespected. Got an RA with my advisor two days after that. That led to another RA this up coming semester. So getting let go was actually the best thing that happened to me in a while. Plus my advisor isn't an asshole. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

Well the 2.0 is what moved most of them over to ebassist. But meh, enough about that unpleasant topic.

For me... Around finals I got "laid off" beacuse I laid into my boss about him going behind my back and treating me disrespectfully in general. Normally I'd be second guessing if I did the right thing or not but I can't honestly think of anywho who has left that company and been on good terms with the boss. So no lost sleep over that, I'm just annoyed I put so much into that job/internship and then got blatantly disrespected. Got an RA with my advisor two days after that. That led to another RA this up coming semester. So getting let go was actually the best thing that happened to me in a while. Plus my advisor isn't an asshole. icon_lol.gif

2.0 sums up so much. Gotcha wink.gif

It sounds like you got out of a poisonous situation. That's definitely a plus. Glad to hear things are working out for you.

• Members

View Post

2.0 sums up so much. Gotcha wink.gif

It sounds like you got out of a poisonous situation. That's definitely a plus. Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Yeah. The funny part is that what I study in uni could have related to my job, in a major way. I'm already loosy planning a little project now that could net me some money on the side. My former boss has no idea who he lost and what resources he lost. Which makes it all the funnier. icon_lol.gif