I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

I had an Allagash Dubbel something with friends tonight. It was neither malty, nor hinting of chocolate or nuts, nor particularly good. mad.gif

The Victory Summer Weisse was better, though.

I failed to make more than multiple eye contact with a hot Asian woman on the other side of the downstairs bar. Did get a few glares from her male companion, though. thumb.gif

I'm sure her male companion appreciated the limits of your contact with the girl wink.gif

In other news.. I really need to warm up a bit before playing volleyball. Damn work and keeping me 13 hours mad.gif

• Members

View Post

Dood. Long hours are killing me too. When I'm not being trained, I'm in pre-moving and pre-language test frenzy. freak.gif

I'm just feeling somewhat glad I didn't take any courses this semester. Of course, after the way things have been going, I'm not feeling particularly motivated to call my community college to schedule a counseling appointment to see what, if anything, I've got left to take before applying for graduation / transferring to a 4-year.... and even less motivation to actually apply to a 4-year.

I'm thinking vacation time is coming due soon. The wife thinks we can't manage to hit Yosemite again this year. We'll see about that...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

I'm just feeling somewhat glad I didn't take any courses this semester. Of course, after the way things have been going, I'm not feeling particularly motivated to call my community college to schedule a counseling appointment to see what, if anything, I've got left to take before applying for graduation / transferring to a 4-year.... and even less motivation to actually apply to a 4-year.

I'm thinking vacation time is coming due soon. The wife thinks we can't manage to hit Yosemite again this year. We'll see about that...

One can actually get into Yosemite, let alone park, these days? tongue.gif

• Members

View Post

What kind of job?

I thought you were a student? confused.gif

I just graduated! I work at a theatre. I'm a technical director/shop foreman/scene designer. It's muscle and grunt work sometimes but hey, I get to use power saws! wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Giddry

View Post

I just graduated! I work at a theatre. I'm a technical director/shop foreman/scene designer. It's muscle and grunt work sometimes but hey, I get to use power saws! wink.gif

Oh hey, congrats!!! What a great feeling graddyation is. thumb.gif

I used to know some theater-types who would've killed to land your job right out of school. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

Oh hey, congrats!!! What a great feeling graddyation is. thumb.gif

I used to know some theater-types who would've killed to land your job right out of school. thumb.gif

Thanks! This is just my summer job. I've got a gig lined up at Lincoln Center when I move to the city in the fall! wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Giddry

View Post

Thanks! This is just my summer job. I've got a gig lined up at Lincoln Center when I move to the city in the fall! wink.gif

eek.gif

What will you do at Lincoln Center?

Dunno if I could ever live in NYC long term. That place can tire me out in a week...

But I'll be living in ultra-central Berlin in a month. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

One can actually get into Yosemite, let alone park, these days? tongue.gif

Yup. Last year we went with another family and rented a 2-bedroom duplex. Brought up food and just used it the entire time. We hit some things outside Yosemite valley, which made life much easier. No issues parking or dealing with crowds. We did hit Mirror Lake as well and it wasn't too bad. They've trams that take you around the valley so you can park somewhere and just take one of those to where you want to get to. It makes life easier.

All in all it was a great time. The kids loved it. Lots of splashing around in rivers, streams, and lakes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper

View Post

I haven't shaved since Thursday (ok, I trimmed a bit). Mrs. Thumper is out of town 'til Monday, so I'm having a Guy Weekend. biggrin.gif

Guy Weekend? My girl leaves for a week usually. I get to have a Guy Week and then I don't shave biggrin.gif I'd look like a dirty monster when she came back, but I shave then...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper

View Post

I haven't shaved since Thursday (ok, I trimmed a bit). Mrs. Thumper is out of town 'til Monday, so I'm having a Guy Weekend. biggrin.gif

So how's the Michael Biehn Marathon going? poke.gif

Better get the guy out of your house before Mrs. Thumper gets back. cop.gif

• Members

So we went to Legoland on Saturday. I'll have to say that their biggest feature is that they make Disneyland look pretty decent. $59 to get in and their hours were 10am-5pm. $66 at Disneyland. We were there until 10pm.

I don't know, Nioette made it on a few rides and had more fun with some of the play area stuff than anything else. So we paid discount ticket prices of $42 each (Nioette was free, at least) for Nioette to play at the park, and maybe $15 in carnival rides, and a 3d non-motion movie, basically mad.gif

Oh well, at least she had fun.

• Members

I went to a Metallica's concert last friday.. it was AWESOME, the only problem i found there, was the terrible weed smell all over the place, and the {censored}in ''hard core dance'' i recived some punches in my face and body, forgetting that metallica KICKED ASS! they are playing really nice, robert trujillo made a good job, he played a very nice bass solo before playing For whom the bell tolls.

Apocalyptica played there too, and they were awesome too.