I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Sold my first car today. frown.gif

Makes economic sense to do it, and Mrs. Zamfir won't need two cars, but it hurts to see her go. frown.gif

The car, that is, not Mrs. Zamfir. wink.gif

Well, technically, Mrs. Zamfir's staying and you're going tongue.gif

Hmmmm. Wonder if I should still look into jobs in Europe. Last time the EU needed an admin or two wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by greenshag

View Post

say it with me, 7-11's are your friend.

Bleeaaah!

Ick ick ick.

Only for lottery tickets... wink.gif

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

Well, technically, Mrs. Zamfir's staying and you're going tongue.gif

Hmmmm. Wonder if I should still look into jobs in Europe. Last time the EU needed an admin or two wink.gif

EU jobs are almost impossible if you don't have citizenship of one of the member countries.

Plenty of new cheap IT people from Eastern Europe as well, plus very high standard of living costs in most major cities in the first 15 members. wink.gif

If you can get it, it'd be sweet...I'm just warning you it may not be so easy. Unless you can find a US company perhaps?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Bleeaaah!

Ick ick ick.

Only for lottery tickets... wink.gif

EU jobs are almost impossible if you don't have citizenship of one of the member countries.

Plenty of new cheap IT people from Eastern Europe as well, plus very high standard of living costs in most major cities in the first 15 members. wink.gif

If you can get it, it'd be sweet...I'm just warning you it may not be so easy. Unless you can find a US company perhaps?

Yeah, I figured I'm screwed for finding anything in Europe outside of the UK. I'll just have to keep up my search for something in the Caribbean tongue.gifbiggrin.gifthumb.gif

And what the hell is it with companies moving their data centers to Texas? I talked to one that's doing that this year and a few others that are already in progress. TX must be doing something pretty damn good to sucker the poor bastards in freak.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Perfessor

View Post

Last day of carpet pulling.

Yikes, I know all about that joy. In my bedroom of my house, I had to pull up the ~30 year old carpet, scrape up what I could of the padding, scrub the paint that was left in splotches on the hardwood, and then wax the whole floor. It took me a few weeks to finish it, and I was so sore afterwards, but it looks nice now.

• Members

Mrs. Thumper and I went to the McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse in Hillsboro this afternoon to see a production of 'The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged).'

I laughed so hard I think I peed myself at one point, and snorted nut brown ale out my nose at least once. It was awesome. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper

View Post

Mrs. Thumper and I went to the McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse in Hillsboro this afternoon to see a production of 'The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged).'

I laughed so hard I think I peed myself at one point, and snorted nut brown ale out my nose at least once. It was awesome. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Perfessor

View Post

A churchin' this morning.steepljs0.gif

Work, in a sick and twisted way, seems to love me lately. Sure, I've got a distinct lack of sleep thing going from working odd hours for all this server maintenance we're doing but since all this added maintenance started, I haven't been to church once! thumb.gif

I'd like to thank George W. Bush for this. Without his changing of Daylight Savings Time, we wouldn't have had to slap on patches to all our servers before early March and I wouldn't have had to work all these odd hours and miss church. Thanks Dubya for showing some love to an atheist thumb.gifbiggrin.gif