• Members

have bandmates that:

a) never practice but desperately need to

b) dont show up / show up late for events

c) show up late for rehersals

d) gripe and complain about anything that is not their idea

e) have an ego that is inversely proportional to their talent

• Members

Every band I've ever been in (dozens I would guess) has had someone like that. It sucks when not everyone wants to put the same amount of energy into the group. It sucks even worse when you're in a position where you really can't fire them. The trick is to not let any internal band politics get in the way or show on stage.

• Members

I don't have any bandmates like that currently, but I'm sure every one of us has been there! Most bands do have at least one person who's like that and unfortunately, a band is usually only as strong as its weakest link. One weak link can often bring down the whole vibe.

I and my bandmates had all been through this a bunch before in previous bands, so we've always been really determined to keep riffraff out. We're a 3 piece and originally we wanted to be a 4 piece, but everybody we auditioned as a possible fourth member seemed like they would be the weak link, so we finally just canned that idea. In fact that's become a joke in the band: "You know that one guy in every band who's always a pain in the ass? That's the guy we never hired!" :D

• Members

Anybody who puts up with that kind of bull{censored} deserves what they get. Seriously, how many of you would keep a band-mate who no-showed for a gig? Not me. One of us would be gone the next day.

We've all dealt with minor stuff for the sake of band harmony, but I've got a pretty low tolerance for the stuff you listed.

• Members

Originally posted by joecool1963

have bandmates that:

Add to that: Wait until the gigs are coming in steadily before quitting for "artistic differences" or "family issues"...:rolleyes:

Just another set of reasons for my being a solo act most of the time...less headaches! :)

• Members

Yeah, I understand fully the cant fire em part...

This is a Church rock & Praise and worship band and our band leader makes excuse after excuse for this dude.

Man, a church praise band is the last place that kind of thing should be put up with . . .

• Moderators

have bandmates that:

Bandmates? None...ex-Bandmates? Dozens....:cool:

Archived