What a difference thirty years makes

MartinC

• Members

1977 gig and 2007 gig..................................dang getting older sucks!! The money is better and so is the music, but seeing yourself getting older....................ah well

Anyone else care to chime in with before and after photos?

• Members

1977 gig and 2007 gig..................................dang getting older sucks!! The money is better and so is the music, but seeing yourself getting older....................ah well

Wow thats cool dude. Congrats on keeping it alive

• Members

Same two musicians?

No, the bass player from 1977 is who knows where. We were studying and playing jazz and fusion, listening to people like John McLaughlin, playing stuff like take five, Jeff Beck, other real book tunes, and also rock stuff. I was 19 and that gig was near haight and ashbury in San Francisco.

The other gig was last weekend in a multi million dollar home in the Santa Cruz mountains. It was a fund raiser for a US congressman.

• Members

Pretty wild. :thu: Now that I think about it, I think I played my first real gig in '77 so that'd be 30 years ago. I don't think I have any photos from it, though. But here's one of me playing at home in 1976, which would make me 13:

oldlee.jpg

And here I am the seasoned veteran in 1982, at 18 :lol::

whisky1.jpg

And last year at the Cavern Club:

LeeCavern.jpg

I still occasionally run into people I haven't seen since I was a teenager and they still totally recognize me, so I guess that's good. :lol:

• Members

Wow, Lee, you look like Chrisie From the Pretenders in that middle photo-so cool! And Guido61, what an awesome guitar in your old pic! Do you still have it? I still have the white strat. Telekraut, you look great in your old photo as well. Dang, we was rockin!! More photos please!

• Members

Wow, Lee, you look like Chrisie From the Pretenders in that middle photo-so cool! And Guido61, what an awesome guitar in your old pic! Do you still have it?

No, it was a Gibson L6-S which was stolen from a gig in 1981. Never saw it again. I never really liked the sound of that guitar much, and I replaced it as my main axe with a Les Paul in 1980 (that I still have) but it WAS my first 'real' guitar. And it had 24 frets!

The strat I play now is just a little Japanese strat that I like quite a bit. I'm primarily a keyboard player, but I couldn't find any old, old pics of me playing keys.

Ya, the old photos are cool. Good thread!

• Members

Ive been playing fulltime since '83

Check out these embarressing pics :D

..and the money is a little better but not substantially

drf80sli9.jpg

and now

TonySferlazza2x.jpg

Archived