What newer songs "get the girls dancing?"

New Trail

• Members

For cover bands: what post-Grunge (or even Grunge) songs work well for you for getting the girls up on the dance floor? Cause in a nutshell that's the secret to success in cover band bar gigs, isn't it?

(I already know about MustangbrowneyedsweethometurnthepageSally, etc.)

• Members

For cover bands: what post-Grunge (or even Grunge) songs work well for you for getting the girls up on the dance floor? Cause in a nutshell that's the secret to success in cover band bar gigs, isn't it?

(I already know about MustangbrowneyedsweethometurnthepageSally, etc.)

Just play this for an entire set, won't be able to get them off the stage:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2117113

• Members

Yeah, I don't go to see cover bands, but apparently, Crazy Bitch is the dance hit of the decade. Not sure if it qualifies as post-grunge, but there'll be no shortage of 22-year-old girls going up to the stage with their arms over their heads and hands closed, or whatever the {censored} they do these days. I'm sure there'll be a stampede.

• Members

Newer songs? Most of these are 10 + years old! :cop:

We focus on 80s and 90s because there are more band oriented danceable songs from that period. Two new songs that have worked well for us are 'Waiting On the World To Change' by John Mayer and 'How Far We've Come' by Matchbox 20. I really don't like Rob Thomas, but I can tolerate him on this song...and that floor tom intro really grabs people.

Our bass player has suggested 'Remedy' by Jason Mraz and '1985' by Bowling For Soup. We'll see how those work...

Archived