Nebulous' 1st Show

Uze Soap

• Members

Awesome stuff. Thanks everyone! I had no idea this place still had the beauty of entertainment and knowledge it once had in the early 2000's, but that was proven today for me. You're all awesome.

I just would like to say that I have been somewhat enlightened here, because I was just so caught up in my one and only performance that I didn't realize the insanely {censored}tiness of it. But that's okay, we're super amateur and had no idea what we were doing. I'm not going to defend or elaborate any further on my posts in this thread cause its a joke, anyway. But I will say that I respect you guys for being honest and taking the time to critique my music. It means a great deal to me, and the band. We haven't practiced much at all, so that could be a big reason why we suck so much live. I appreciate that you guys think the recordings are decent, as they are loved by all my friends and myself. I would like to say that I don't think I play in only one key signature, even though it is my "style" to be as simplistic as possible and to stay in the same area with my guitar playing. I can play many things, including a ton of the played out songs you're all familiar with which were written decades ago. I choose to play the way I do because I'm trying to develop a certain style that is unique and still fun for me to play. Honestly, and I am being one hundred percent honest, I only play for myself. I don't always push myself to add intricate soloing or chords because I have fun playing the way I do. Sure, I'll make future songs different. And I think they're all different. During the show, my amp had only one setting and I couldn't utilize anything because I had a {censored}ed up cable and a {censored}ed up guitar jack, and none of the settings even worked. So that {censored}ty tone was unintentional and a result of being in poverty. I was severely limited and it sucks. But {censored} all, I had a good time and I have the rest of my life to have fun with music and more shows. {censored} anyone who thinks I should do otherwise.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I would like to say that I don't think I play in only one key signature, even though it is my "style" to be as simplistic as possible and to stay in the same area with my guitar playing.

Hey man, it's not a sin to admit that you don't know jack {censored} about music theory.

Like you said, you've got years to learn: knowing what you don't know is the first step.

If you ever want to progress from flapping your fingers around on the neck "in the same area", you'll probably want to learn a little more about music and how it's constructed: you'll be glad you did. :)

• Members

Awesome stuff. Thanks everyone! I had no idea this place still had the beauty of entertainment and knowledge it once had in the early 2000's, but that was proven today for me. You're all awesome.

I just would like to say that I have been somewhat enlightened here, because I was just so caught up in my one and only performance that I didn't realize the insanely {censored}tiness of it. But that's okay, we're super amateur and had no idea what we were doing. I'm not going to defend or elaborate any further on my posts in this thread cause its a joke, anyway. But I will say that I respect you guys for being honest and taking the time to critique my music. It means a great deal to me, and the band. We haven't practiced much at all, so that could be a big reason why we suck so much live. I appreciate that you guys think the recordings are decent, as they are loved by all my friends and myself. I would like to say that I don't think I play in only one key signature, even though it is my "style" to be as simplistic as possible and to stay in the same area with my guitar playing. I can play many things, including a ton of the played out songs you're all familiar with which were written decades ago. I choose to play the way I do because I'm trying to develop a certain style that is unique and still fun for me to play. Honestly, and I am being one hundred percent honest, I only play for myself. I don't always push myself to add intricate soloing or chords because I have fun playing the way I do. Sure, I'll make future songs different. And I think they're all different. During the show, my amp had only one setting and I couldn't utilize anything because I had a {censored}ed up cable and a {censored}ed up guitar jack, and none of the settings even worked. So that {censored}ty tone was unintentional and a result of being in poverty. I was severely limited and it sucks. But {censored} all, I had a good time and I have the rest of my life to have fun with music and more shows. {censored} anyone who thinks I should do otherwise.

you_fail_at_failing.jpg

• Members

How creative. You found a picture that says FAIL! You fail at telling me how I fail at failing. That makes you the biggest {censored}ing failure of all. Plus, I can't really fail at expressing to everyone how I feel because only I know. You may want to elaborate at what exactly I'm failing. That would be less pointless than simply copying and pasting overused internet slang. What you're doing is not only an act of futility, but it also appears to be an act of assholism. Good job, you unoriginal, boring asshole. But I do admit we use {censored} too much, although that isn't a mistake. Maybe we won't become the next SOAD or RAGE, and that would be great with me! I'm not so disillusioned that I think that's a huge possibility. I have fun, and that's all that really matters. But, I do thank you for seeming to try to help me by suggesting I learn more theory because I do believe that would help me very much. But I already know THAT.

But really, I don't have to admit I don't know {censored} about music theory. I said I DON'T THINK I'm staying in the same key with every one of my songs, although since I'm not sure, I made sure not to say I was SURE. So, why don't you guys just get off your high horse and stop replying to me because at this point you're not helping me or making anything but asses of yourselves. And if you're just trying to make me feel bad, which is the only reason I can see for your vapid retorts, then you also failed at that. Cause I'm happy with myself!

I know some theory, but not much. I've been playing guitar and bass and self-teaching for 8 years. I played drums in Jr High and still play fairly well, although my feet aren't as elegant as much wrists. I learn every day despite my financial misgivings and lack of time to play music, and I have fun with it no matter what. I don't really care what you think unless you're actually trying to help me. If you're just going to continue trying to be cool with lame ass comebacks to my generally directed replies, then I'm going to start ignoring you. And if this thread falls, then oh well. At least I got a bunch of hits on my myspace page. And that makes me cool with all the kids. Ha! {censored}ers.

• Members

Also, there is no formula to making good music. If there were, you'd all be successful rock stars or folk musicians, touring the globe. And maybe some of you are, but that's not my point. My point is, if the song sounds good and people enjoy listening to it, no matter how monotonous or repetitive or nontechnical it is, people will buy it. Just because you can shred it up and know everything there is to know about song structure and formats and chord progressions and scales, doesn't mean your songs will be good. All that matters is the feeling. Yes, to make decent music you must know your way around the instrument and know which scales work together with which chords and notes and keys, and you must be able to compliment the other instruments in the band. But you can do all that without knowing a single mother {censored}ing chord. You can be wildly successful without knowing ANY theory, whatsoever. As long as your fingers know where to go and you hear what sounds good, you can do it. And thats my point, that you don't have to pick apart everything and tell someone that they're music is {censored} because it doesn't follow a standard pop format or whatever. You don't know {censored} if you think thats how to make your music successful. I'm not criticizing your knowledge or saying you don't know what it takes, or saying that none of you are successful. I'm just saying that your harsh criticisms of my music is misguided, rude, and dead wrong. And I don't have to prove any of that to you because if I do make it big someday, you'll already {censored}ing know.

I could give you a couple examples, but you'd just pick them apart with your courageous wit and extensive knowledge of music. Even though, you know, music is universal. So in closing, {censored} off with your smug overly critical futile bull{censored} forever because it doesn't phase me and I'm going to ride the lightning into the sky with Nebulous no matter what you think you surely know about MY SONGS. {censored} off and die.

• Members

But really, I don't have to admit I don't know {censored} about music theory. I said I DON'T THINK I'm staying in the same key with every one of my songs, although since I'm not sure, I made sure not to say I was SURE.

Which means you don't really know what you're doing, musically.

If you did, you'd know or at least have a clue as to what key you're playing in.

Why are you so defensive?

Willie Adler of Lamb of God doesn't know {censored} about music theory: Mark Morton is on record as saying that this is an asset for their band.

But then Willie is lucky that Mark does have enough theory knowledge to be able to pull the songs together and make them coherent.

• Members

I could give you a couple examples, but you'd just pick them apart with your courageous wit and extensive knowledge of music. Even though, you know, music is universal. So in closing, {censored} off with your smug overly critical futile bull{censored} forever because it doesn't phase me and I'm going to ride the lightning into the sky with Nebulous no matter what you think you surely know about MY SONGS. {censored} off and die.

:blah:

You're a real piece of work. :lol:

Mix in a little humility: be honest with yourself about where you are and what you don't know, and you'll go a lot farther in life and in music.

Mark Morton has that attitude, and he has found success.

I get what you're trying to do: channel your rage and all that fun stuff.

Hey, I used to be a metal head myself.

But you've got to mix in a little intelligence, or you'll just be another loud, out of tune and un-intelligible noise fest.

Think about it.

Peace out.

• Members

How creative. You found a picture that says FAIL! You fail at telling me how I fail at failing. That makes you the biggest {censored}ing failure of all. Plus, I can't really fail at expressing to everyone how I feel because only I know. You may want to elaborate at what exactly I'm failing. That would be less pointless than simply copying and pasting overused internet slang. What you're doing is not only an act of futility, but it also appears to be an act of assholism. Good job, you unoriginal, boring asshole. But I do admit we use {censored} too much, although that isn't a mistake. Maybe we won't become the next SOAD or RAGE, and that would be great with me! I'm not so disillusioned that I think that's a huge possibility. I have fun, and that's all that really matters. But, I do thank you for seeming to try to help me by suggesting I learn more theory because I do believe that would help me very much. But I already know THAT.

But really, I don't have to admit I don't know {censored} about music theory. I said I DON'T THINK I'm staying in the same key with every one of my songs, although since I'm not sure, I made sure not to say I was SURE. So, why don't you guys just get off your high horse and stop replying to me because at this point you're not helping me or making anything but asses of yourselves. And if you're just trying to make me feel bad, which is the only reason I can see for your vapid retorts, then you also failed at that. Cause I'm happy with myself!

I know some theory, but not much. I've been playing guitar and bass and self-teaching for 8 years. I played drums in Jr High and still play fairly well, although my feet aren't as elegant as much wrists. I learn every day despite my financial misgivings and lack of time to play music, and I have fun with it no matter what. I don't really care what you think unless you're actually trying to help me. If you're just going to continue trying to be cool with lame ass comebacks to my generally directed replies, then I'm going to start ignoring you. And if this thread falls, then oh well. At least I got a bunch of hits on my myspace page. And that makes me cool with all the kids. Ha! {censored}ers.

Bravo! That's much, much better. Way more entertaining. I can practically see the spittle flying from your foaming lips and the veins bulging in your neck. Your incoherent and illogical ramblings are hitting new milestones of comedic genius. Keep it up!

:snax:

• Members
Keep it up!
:snax:

No, don't encourage him. Please :facepalm:.

How many times is he going to wave good bye to this thread telling everyone to {censored} off?? My post was constructive, so will this one.

Give it a rest dude!! Post your next project with a little humility and taste and you may get a much better response. For now, let it go......please!

• Members

Also, there is no formula to making good music. If there were, you'd all be successful rock stars or folk musicians, touring the globe. And maybe some of you are, but that's not my point. My point is, if the song sounds good and people enjoy listening to it, no matter how monotonous or repetitive or nontechnical it is, people will buy it. Just because you can shred it up and know everything there is to know about song structure and formats and chord progressions and scales, doesn't mean your songs will be good. All that matters is the feeling. Yes, to make decent music you must know your way around the instrument and know which scales work together with which chords and notes and keys, and you must be able to compliment the other instruments in the band. But you can do all that without knowing a single mother {censored}ing chord. You can be wildly successful without knowing ANY theory, whatsoever. As long as your fingers know where to go and you hear what sounds good, you can do it. And thats my point, that you don't have to pick apart everything and tell someone that they're music is {censored} because it doesn't follow a standard pop format or whatever. You don't know {censored} if you think thats how to make your music successful. I'm not criticizing your knowledge or saying you don't know what it takes, or saying that none of you are successful. I'm just saying that your harsh criticisms of my music is misguided, rude, and dead wrong. And I don't have to prove any of that to you because if I do make it big someday, you'll already {censored}ing know.

WOW...still yammering...it's gotta be the drugs. :freak:

• Members

I never said goodbye! I was having fun. And God dammit, you guys need to find better ways to communicate your emotions than through those {censored}ing smiley faces. They're obnoxious and gay. And if my yammering is so bothersome to you, than why do you choose to continue to reply back? Yeah, because its fun. So shut up with that. I made my points, yet a few of you are still trying to instill the illusion that you're better than everything because all of this is so entertaining to you. Yes, it is funny. But not that funny. The smug behavior of this board never ceases. Musicians are the most smug people in the world. Take a look in the mirror!

I am a proud dumbass of a metal head and I know little about theory but a {censored} load about music and guitar and I can play circles around Satan himself, so I don't have to care what anyone else thinks. All I gots to do is continue to draw attention to my band and make sure I keep a job. Blowjobs. Also, {censored} off. Ha ha.

• Members

I am a proud dumbass of a metal head and I know little about theory but a {censored} load about music and guitar and I can play circles around Satan himself, so I don't have to care what anyone else thinks.

You rock.

Don't sing it - bring it.

Post the clips.

Because, you know, that's mighty big talk for someone who apparently can't even play a rudimentary guitar lead.

Which would be okay if you could riff like Willie Adler.

But you can't.

I'm gonna be real blunt with you man: you put the "mediocre" in metal.

Your right hand is slower than x-mas: you can't play in any key besides E, you can't play leads.

You'd better get your act together, because right now you don't even come close to being a competent metal guitarist.

And your tunes are completely devoid of any metal characteristics: no blastbeats, no odd time signatures, no fast precise rhythm guitar.

You and your band utterly fail at making listenable metal.

IF I were you I'd hole up with some Pantera albums for a few years and learn how to play that axe.

Or buy yourself a toilet brush: there's a lot of janitorial work available and toilet brushes are pretty cheap these days.

• Members

Ha! Pathetic. You only sampled like what, five of my songs? We chose the heaviest for that particular show and yes, I will still admit those songs need work. But its not my fault. I can do all of that bull{censored}. My drummer knows blast beats, nigga. We do it all. Plus I don't play metal, Nebulous is NOT a metal band. We're everything. I was {censored}ing around with you about Satan and metal and all that {censored}. Morons. We have 19 songs that are finished and they're all completely different, ranging from metal to blues to jazz to ska. And real blues, not just pentatonic repetition SRV wannabe style either. So suck my big black dick, you wanker. You know nothing of Nebulous and I am so confident in my skills that I'm just gonna drop this now and go masturbate in the Guitar Center parking lot. :blah::poke::cop::thu:

FAGS! :bor:

• Members
Ha! Pathetic. You only sampled like what, five of my songs? We chose the heaviest for that particular show and yes, I will still admit those songs need work. But its not my fault. I can do all of that bull{censored}. My drummer knows blast beats, nigga. We do it all. Plus I don't play metal, Nebulous is NOT a metal band. We're everything. I was {censored}ing around with you about Satan and metal and all that {censored}. Morons. We have 19 songs that are finished and they're all completely different, ranging from metal to blues to jazz to ska. And real blues, not just pentatonic repetition SRV wannabe style either. So suck my big black dick, you wanker. You know nothing of Nebulous and I am so confident in my skills that I'm just gonna drop this now and go masturbate in the Guitar Center parking lot.
:blah:
:poke:
:cop::thu:

FAGS!
:bor:

You sure do talk a lot.

Where's this blues and jazz of yours?

C'mon: let's see it.

You're so full of {censored} your eyes are brown.

But keep talking, please.

I bet you can't even play the rhythm lick to "master of puppets"

Prove me wrong: post the music.

C'mon SLOWHAND, I'm waiting.

You're right: Nebulous ISN'T metal.

Nebulous is WATER - weaker than water.

Here's some real metal for ya:

RkAMtXTEjco

And some more:
23BNIZYbhWY

Archived