RIP Les Paul

guitarsjb

• Members

I had high hopes that Les would make it to 100. I couldn't believe it when I read that he still played once a week in a club up until recently. I suppose that in itself is the secret of longevity: never stop playing, never stop learning.

Funny note: I once thought a Les Paul guitar was pronounced "Ley-Paul" (like Les Miserables). Silly me. :D

Rest in peace, Mr. Paul. We will miss you.

• Members

RIP.

I'm angry at myself - for 9 years I worked about 6 blocks away from where he had a regular Monday night gig. I repeatedly told myself I need to make it one time, and I never went...

i wasn't that close - but it was my excuse to go to NYC. I'm bummed. RIP Mr. Guitar.

• Members

Funny note: I once thought a Les Paul guitar was pronounced "Ley-Paul" (like Les Miserables). Silly me.

I've got several friends who has this same pronunciation and gives me that bewildered look when I say it's LeS Paul.. with the S. :facepalm:

• Members

Somewhere around here I have an old copy of The Guitar Player Book, which was just a collection of interviews from the magazine, all bound into book form. In it, Les Paul tells the story about "The Log". I need go find it and read it again.

RIP Les.

A great article, equipment manufacturers just didn't want to buy into the idea of a solid body electric guitar.

Archived