Since everybody downloads for free now, why not have the bands play for free?

• Members

Folks play our farmer's market for free almost every Saturday. The ad kind of sucks, but
:idk:
. Is it worth getting worked up over?

I don't get it either......I find it extremely easy to ignore these type of ads just like the "join me, I'm going to be a rock star but I need a band" type ads.

:bor:

• Members

Ha! My wife is from Jacksonville and I've been to this place before when visiting her parents for Christmas. Years ago we stopped in for the "flea market" part of the place. They had a sh*tty little circus performing and the guy had 5 or 6 full grown Bengal Tigers in these tiny little rusted cages!

It looked like one of the tigers had an infected claw and needed medical attention. I lost my f*cking mind and started a near riot. I'm not some animal rights lunatic or anything, it was just so f*cking wrong I wanted to kill those f*ckers on the spot!

The circus owner probably answered an add that read - We will let you perform for free...

• Members

Well, I guess generally it depends on whether you are a slut or a whore. Me, I'm a little slutty. I'd play for a six pack and a good barbecue sandwich, mostly. In town with friends. But if you want the whole band, you will pay us for four hours, you will pay us for travel, you will pay us for the same on rehearsal time. You will pay us Boocoo Big Boy, and you will get your moneys worth. So I guess I'm kind of a whore.

Hell, we'd woodshed for a year until we had 5 hours of material down before we'd even ask for a job. This crap about people who write six songs over spring break and then split the door with six other bands and wind up owing the sound man is ridiculous.

I play music because I love it. I play music because others enjoy it. I play music for free. However, I do charge for travel time, humping big black boxes, phone calls, promotional material, and all ancillary time and effort.

So yes. I agree. Music should be free. As a fact, it's the only thing I'll give away. But you will pay me for my trouble.

• Members

Well, I guess generally it depends on whether you are a slut or a whore. Me, I'm a little slutty. I'd play for a six pack and a good barbecue sandwich, mostly. In town with friends. But if you want the whole band, you will pay us for four hours, you will pay us for travel, you will pay us for the same on rehearsal time. You will pay us Boocoo Big Boy, and you will get your moneys worth. So I guess I'm kind of a whore.

Hell, we'd woodshed for a year until we had 5 hours of material down before we'd even ask for a job. This crap about people who write six songs over spring break and then split the door with six other bands and wind up owing the sound man is ridiculous.

I play music because I love it. I play music because others enjoy it. I play music for free. However, I do charge for travel time, humping big black boxes, phone calls, promotional material, and all ancillary time and effort.

So yes. I agree. Music should be free. As a fact, it's the only thing I'll give away. But you will pay me for my trouble.

Agree with everything said!

:thu:

• Members

Which proves what a hillbilly area this is. The CL daily postings don't help.

My friend who plays guitar and teaches in Orlando thinks THAT town is backward, but it's NYC compared to Jax. Of all the towns in Florida, Jacksonville has the fewest complete sets of teeth.

Guess you've never been to Ruskin, Thonotosassa, Seffner, or Riverview :lol:

• Members

Guess you've never been to Ruskin, Thonotosassa, Seffner, or Riverview
:lol:

I visited some relatives in Brandon and they wanted to bar hop. (Not my thing as I rarely drink) We went to some biker bar by a lake and it had the scariest people I'd ever seen. :eek: Some that looked like they would slit your throat for $5.

I much prefer the yuppie hangouts.

• Members

I visited some relatives in Brandon and they wanted to bar hop. (Not my thing as I rarely drink) We went to some biker bar by a lake and it had the scariest people I'd ever seen.
:eek:
Some that looked like they would slit your throat for $5.

I much prefer the yuppie hangouts.

Go to Seffner! Rednecks hopped up on meth.

• Members

"These watermelon look excellent honey, and that guy has hand knitted scarves that his wife makes. Look over there - an Amish furniture booth, and right next to them is a drop C metal band playing originals and selling merch!"

Got me to LITERALLY laugh out loud! :thu:

• Members

Ha!

As we break down after a gig at 3:00 a.m. I tell the band "this is the part we're getting paid for".

Archived