Halloween gigs: what's your costume?

StratGuy22

• Members

If society keeps moving in the direction its moving she will be able to take you to the doc like you take a pet to the vet and just have you put down. Before you say thats cool ,, her and mom might decide to to it about the time she gets in jr high school lol.
:thu:

If I'm {censored}ting a diaper and babbling incoherantly, I hope they do.

Why is it we put down pets humanely if they are suffering, but with humans we insist they must endure every last second of pain for as long as they can remain even remotely concious? No matter how much the person themselves want to be "put down", we insist that "NO! YOU MUST SUFFER FIRST BEFORE YOU DIE!" Or how much money it costs to squeeze that last couple of months of life from their dying bodies. That doesn't seem {censored}ed up and backwards to you?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I'm {censored}ting a diaper and babbling incoherantly, I hope they do.

Why is it we put down pets humanely if they are suffering, but with humans we insist they must endure every last second of pain for as long as they can remain even remotely concious? No matter how much the person themselves want to be "put down", we insist that "NO! YOU MUST SUFFER FIRST BEFORE YOU DIE!" Or how much money it costs to squeeze that last couple of months of life from their dying bodies. That doesn't seem {censored}ed up and backwards to you?

Like the guy said this tread is getting dark. that is what hospice is for ,,, if you ever are unfortunate enough to have a family member in a terminal end of life situation they will give you a big bottle of Roxanol that has an eye dropper ,,,, you put it under your family members tongue ,,, ,and well I guess i dont have to explain it to you... lets just say it controls the pain when they are in the coma. Not exactly a happy halloween deal ,, but since you took it there ,, thats how its delt with. Hope you never have to go there..

• Members

I guess i am sensitive because I knew an old couple that got murderd in their home on sugarloaf lake... and have a friends whos brother who had a gun stuck in his face and the guy pulled the trigger right by where the old boogie records used to be.

2 instances and you talk like most of MI is overrun by the crazies from The Road Warrior...yeah, I'd call that sensitive, absolutely.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you recognize your perspective is somewhat skewed by your own personal taste, etc., and not necessarily accurate with the big picture reality-wise.

Again, nobody is arguing that there aren't bad folks, bad neighborhoods/areas, etc. I just did not see it nearly as bad as you portray, and the numbers Guido has been referencing don't lie. I live in what is known as a 'transitional' area of Chicago. The worst I have seen here was waking up to shots one night, looking out the window and seeing the shooter walking (Not running, walking. Calmly.) down the sidewalk across the street, firing, firing, firing. Easily 10 shots. Who/what he was shooting at, I don't know.

But I do NOT judge all of Chicago by that incident; to do so would be to ignore the 5 years since that I haven't seen anything like that, and the 10 years before that when I lived elsewhere in the city and saw nothing like it either.

• Members

2 instances and you talk like most of MI is overrun by the crazies from The Road Warrior...yeah, I'd call that sensitive, absolutely.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you recognize your perspective is somewhat skewed by your own personal taste, etc., and not necessarily accurate with the big picture reality-wise.

Again, nobody is arguing that there aren't bad folks, bad neighborhoods/areas, etc. I just did not see it nearly as bad as you portray, and the numbers Guido has been referencing don't lie. I live in what is known as a 'transitional' area of Chicago. The worst I have seen here was waking up to shots one night, looking out the window and seeing the shooter walking (Not running, walking. Calmly.) down the sidewalk across the street, firing, firing, firing. Easily 10 shots. Who/what he was shooting at, I don't know.

But I do NOT judge all of Chicago by that incident; to do so would be to ignore the 5 years since that I haven't seen anything like that, and the 10 years before that when I lived elsewhere in the city and saw nothing like it either.

Perception is so much of it and the perception gets skewed mightily in big cities. Because whether you live in a small town or a big city, you've still probably only got 1 newspaper and 3 or 4 TV stations doing local news. So while the small town might only report one murder a year, the big city is reporting one a week and it SEEMS like a lot more murders because nobody is really taking into account that the city is also 50 times bigger than the small town.

IIRC, Rhat has moved to South Padre Island, TX which has about 80,000 people. But compare the crime stats of SPI to Detroit and you find it's not really all THAT much safer:

http://detroit.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

http://southpadreisland.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

Yeah, Detriot has a lot more murders, but SPI had about 8 times more rapes per capita, more aggrevated assaults, more burgularies & thefts. But because the actual number of incidents is so much lower in SPI, there are less incidents for the pretty-much-the-same-number-of-media-outlets to report.

• Members

Costumes have arrived! 7 guys onstage dressed as Playboy Bunnies and 1 Hugh Hefner in robe and pipe.

Friday's just a regular gig but Sat is one of our biggest gigs of the year. Annual Radio station event we play called Boo Ball. Started in 05' in a Hotel Ballroom with 100 people. Last year it was moved to a Civic Center with over 850 in attendence. This year they already have 700 presold and expect another 300-400 through the door.

DSC05222.JPG

I finished the promo video the other day Boo Ball Video Promo. Not my best overall... but not bad considering I used last year's footage and audio.

Archived