Halloween gigs: what's your costume?

StratGuy22

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We are using an Austin Powers theme. Drummer is Austin, other guitarist is Dr Evil, I'm Number Two, not sure about the bass player and the keyboard girl is going to be a hippie.

:idea:

Bass player should be Will Farells character, with Fez and all. :lol:

• Members

I absolutely HATE getting dressed up for halloween. The few times I've gotten talked into it - I end up spending the evening futzing with a costume that's some combination of hot, itchy, ill fitting and/or constricting. If it's a costume that requires makeup - it's even worse - because it now has an element of greasy to it. I haven't spent an evening in costume that didn't leave me miserably uncomfortable.

When I must dress up - about as far as I'll go is to add a hat and maybe some goofy glasses. The other approach is to simply were a tux ...

I'd almost rather pass on a gig than have to get dressed up.

• Members

I absolutely HATE getting dressed up for halloween. The few times I've gotten talked into it - I end up spending the evening futzing with a costume that's some combination of hot, itchy, ill fitting and/or constricting. If it's a costume that requires makeup - it's even worse - because it now has an element of greasy to it. I haven't spent an evening in costume that didn't leave me miserably uncomfortable.

When I
must
dress up - about as far as I'll go is to add a hat and
maybe
some goofy glasses. The other approach is to simply were a tux ...

I'd almost rather pass on a gig than have to get dressed up.

Yup i can see that ,, grease paint and keyboards aint a pretty combo. I have no plans to dress up this weekend. let the customers do that.

• Members

Yup i can see that ,, grease paint and keyboards aint a pretty combo. I have no plans to dress up this weekend. let the customers do that.

1) No shocker; Halloween is for kids.

2) Really no shocker that you don't like Halloween if you typically wear your costume the weekend beforehand; I bet you get all kinds of weird comments.

:poke:

• Members

1) No shocker; Halloween is for kids.

2)
Really
no shocker that you don't like Halloween if you typically wear your costume the weekend beforehand; I bet you get all kinds of weird comments.

:poke:

:lol:

I don't think I will EVER outgrow Halloween. In fact it's one of my favorite holidays and one of the few that I actually enjoy even more as an adult.

Maybe because I am not getting hit over the head every five minutes to buy crap for everyone else.

• Members

Just occurred to me, are Halloween gigs this weekend too? Or mostly next weekend...if its not this weekend than we are wearing nuthin.

I mean nothing unusual. :poke:

Its the 31st which is a sunday. Halloween is really big down here in the valley... people really go crazy with dressing up since there are alot of cash paying contests for the best costume. The money night is sunday night. I expect to see people in costume pretty well at all our gigs this weekend.. Fri , sat and sunday. Sunday should be really crazy. My guess is that sat night will be the big night at most bars in other parts of the country.

• Members

Not sure of the whole history of Halloween in America (when did it become common for little kids to dress up in costumes and go to other people's houses asking for treats? I'm guessing sometime after WWII?) but what was just a holiday for little kids when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s has become at LEAST as much a holiday for adults as those same kids grew up.

I'd say it's even MORE of an adult celebration these days.

• Members

Not sure of the whole history of Halloween in America (when did it become common for little kids to dress up in costumes and go to other people's houses asking for treats? I'm guessing sometime after WWII?) but what was just a holiday for little kids when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s has become at LEAST as much a holiday for adults as those same kids grew up.

I'd say it's even MORE of an adult celebration these days.

I dont think much has changed ,, i remember my parents getting dressed up when i was a kid going to some major halloween parties ,,,, The thing that has changed for kids is that it used to be safe for kids to go out dressed up grubbin for candy without their parents. Today , you dont see that. thats really sad that our society is so screwed up that kids cant have the kind of fun we had nowdays and be safe.

Archived