Anybody doing that Cee Lo Green song

ski219

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
no...but it gets requested 2-3 times a night by some some...its getting to where we are gonna wear "no cee lo" t-shirts

if you aren't that typew of band and are trying to create an actual band personality, I wouldn't play it either. Doesn't get you anywhere but backwards if you gain 3 fans for the night and lose 5 for good because they want to go see bands that don't play the same stuff.

• Members

if you aren't that typew of band and are trying to create an actual band personality, I wouldn't play it either.

If you're (general "you") not the type of band to play that song but find yourself getting 2-3 requests a night for it at the venues you're playing, then you might want to spend your time finding other solutions to your problem besides finding t-shirts declaring what songs you won't play.

Like finding gigs more appropriate for your band. You're obviously at the wrong gig. It isn't the audience's fault.

• Members
If you're (general "you") not the type of band to play that song but find yourself getting 2-3 requests a night for it at the venues you're playing, then you might want to spend your time finding other solutions to your problem besides finding t-shirts declaring what songs you won't play.

Like finding gigs more appropriate for your band. You're obviously at the wrong gig. It isn't the audience's fault.

not really. If you have followers there, they will probably be happy with what you gravitate towards for songs. Its all about the big picture. I've seen it many times where a small group of people that you've never seen at a show will come up one by one each requesting their same pet song of that party week.

• Members

I play in an original folk/rock band and we did a cover of this at a classy acoustic music night... Imagine a really chilled out, folky vibe, everyone's sitting around on rugs, very intimate venue. We started off doing the 'radio' version and people seemed pretty into it, then launched into the full on '{censored} You!' version, replete with perfect 'ain't that some {censored}' backing vocals - the only concession to decency was changing the n-word to 'ginger', as two of the band have red hair. The audience looked pretty shocked, but we got a big cheer at the end!

• Members

My drummer drives a beer truck and he asked when of his black friend coworkers of his opinion. He said, "it's art man...go with it." I think we're thinking too white. I think black people actually like that part of the song but I'm still uncertain.

• Members

My drummer drives a beer truck and he asked when of his black friend coworkers of his opinion. He said, "it's art man...go with it." I think we're thinking too white. I think black people actually like that part of the song but I'm still uncertain.

Well IMO there is virtually no impact to leaving it out or substituting another word, so I'd rather not take the chance that somebody might get offended, or that it might make a singer uncomfortable.

Archived