new years' resolutions

MartinC

• Members

Not necessarily in order:

1. Reduce body fat to 15% or less

2. Improve my Spanish

3. Practice more-get some real picado happening, play more jazz, and practice more cante accompaniment

4. write and record some new music

5. Make crap loads of dough

5. get shacked

6. Re-connect with the electric guitar and my soon to be renovated mesa boogie markIIB

There's nothing on my list that has anything to do with gigging. I'm really only motivated to gig if I feel like I have something to say musically, and that will depend on numbero dos, tres y seis coming to pass.

What are yours?

• Members

I usually don't do these things, but this year I have one:

People that I only hear from when they need something, users, fair weather friends and the like are getting dropped off my radar. There are varying degrees, as in some that are decent people but can't be relied on for anything and others that are just plain losers. Either way, I am done being walked all over :)

• Members

People that I only hear from when they need something, users, fair weather friends and the like are getting dropped off my radar. There are varying degrees, as in some that are decent people but can't be relied on for anything and others that are just plain losers. Either way, I am done being walked all over
:)

This is a good one. I keep trying to resolve this kind of thing myself, but many years on, I'm apparently still doing letting it happen. But I'm getting better at it and people are having more respect for me.

• Members

People that I only hear from when they need something, users, fair weather friends and the like are getting dropped off my radar. There are varying degrees, as in some that are decent people but can't be relied on for anything and others that are just plain losers. Either way, I am done being walked all over
:)

That sounds like a good resolution.

Hey man, mind if I grab a beer from your fridge?

Thanks

• Members

I am going to make just taking things more casual as as being my goal for the year ,,,, stay focused but let the little things that dont really matter roll off my back. With the move and all the challenges of selling a house ,,, i am ready for a nice stress free 2011. enjoy life and settle into this new place i am calling home.

• Members

1. Carry around a pillowcase full of brass doorknobs so that when some asshole needs a savage beating, I'm ready.

2. Avoid getting poked in the eye with an icepick.

3. Keep my antics reasonable when Oregon plays Auburn on the 10th regardless of the outcome. (Go Ducks!!!)

4. Accept that whoever wins the NFC West (hopefully St. Louis) is most likely going get their ass kicked when they host that home playoff game.

5. Eat less and drink more.

6. Use it or lose it.

7. Upgrade my XT Live to an HD500.

8. Buy a Michael Kelly Patriot Glory

9. Buy an Agile Valkyrie III Double Neck

10. Learn more songs that women want to sing to increase my chances for #6

• Members

1) open some new rooms.

2) work on my solo act.

3) give my own band one last shot.

4) if said own band doesn't fly by next fall, I'm going to finally do it and put together the alt country/singer-songwriter/folk rock band I've wanted to do for a few years (think James McMurtry, electric Dylan, John Hiatt, etc)

5) lose 20 pounds more

6) see states at least that I've never been to on the bike. Probably Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah (been to Col, AZ and Utah but only on a plane on the way to somewhere else)

7) Redo my landscaping at home

8) make a decent acoustic record

• Members

After last night's NYE gig, one of my primary resolutions is to never, EVER brave life-threatening weather like that ever again. Wasn't worth it for the money and putting my wife and friend in danger.

Other resolutions are the same old, same old:

Get my own band going

Lose some weight/eat healthier/exercise more

Finish up my songs and finally record my album (and perhaps move onto another one)

Strive to do better and be happier and thankful for what I do have instead of what I don't.

• Members

Top 3 Band-related:

1) Only accept gigs that pay $100+ per man.

2) Play at least one gig per month in Rehoboth, Dewey, or Ocean City from May to September (and beyond).

3) Do not run FOH sound from the stage.

Top 3 Personal:

1) Do my job better in hopes that morale will eventually improve.

2) Eat healthier

3) Start running again (I may also incorporate lifting again now that my back has healed - it's been too long).

• Members

I resolve to keep my pipeline filled, no matter what. Even when I am busy closing deals, I will make sure that there are prospects under development.

I resolve that if I have too many leads in my pipeline, I will share some of them with other sales professionals while the leads are still reasonably hot.

I resolve to take control of my relationship with my sales manager and figure out how best to use (or avoid) his or her as resource for coaching and guidance.

cosplay

• Members

1) practice more

2) learn how to drink like a civilized person (is there some kind of school for that?)

3) lose 15 lbs.

4) more lower-volume, small-ensemble jazz/blues gigs

5) learn what picado and cante means

6) work through all 16 pages of Gershwin's "Rhapsody In Blue" and be able to play it from memory

7) be able to play a groove at least sorta like James Booker

8) quit wasting time on the internet

• Members

HAHA

for picado go about 40 seconds into this:

cante :

1) practice more

2) learn how to drink like a civilized person (is there some kind of school for that?)

3) lose 15 lbs.

4) more lower-volume, small-ensemble jazz/blues gigs

5) learn what picado and cante means

6) work through all 16 pages of Gershwin's "Rhapsody In Blue" and be able to play it from memory

7) be able to play a groove at least sorta like James Booker

8) quit wasting time on the internet

• Members

In terms of my playing/writing/performing :

~I'm trying to play fingerstyle acoustic closer to the neck and soundhole (rather than

back by the bridge)

~continue to work on my electric slide chops

~continue to work on my left foot to engage my pedals (insert laugh here x)

~find more holes and space and letting them breathe (this is an oxymoron when you're a 3 piece).

~sell ALL the gear I don't need or use

Archived