YACHT ROCK out of ATL

FitchFY

• Members

I'm obviously not going, being in San Diego...but what an awesome marketing package! Impressive, to say the least.

That band is obviously very popular and shows that bands can be successful even in subgenres if they bring it and do it right.

I'm guessing that they make more than $400 a night! :lol:

• Members

Will they be displaying their breasteses for the members of the musical coalition?

Unlikely - I actually had the conversation with one of the girls recently about that.

If you flash a huge band (Aerosmith, Foo Fighters, Muse), I can understand that.

If you flash a smaller band that's popular (Maroon 5, Korn), okay, maybe you're a big fan.

If you flash a popular local rock band... sorry, you're kind of easy.

If you flash a cover band, you're a wh*re. :thu:

• Moderators

Unlikely - I actually had the conversation with one of the girls recently about that.

If you flash a huge band (Aerosmith, Foo Fighters, Muse), I can understand that.

If you flash a smaller band that's popular (Maroon 5, Korn), okay, maybe you're a big fan.

If you flash a cover band, you're a wh*re.
:thu:

Or you just like to show your boobs.

I want to be in that band. What a fun idea for a cover band. Cheesy goodness! Love it.

• Members

Yeah, it's cheesy all right! :D But they make lots of dough and they really do put on a great show. All of them have also played (or currently play) in really good original bands too. And several of them are involved in an occasional XTC tribute band, which also includes a couple of semi famous guitarists (who have toured with Sarah McLaughlin, Sheryl Crow, Jellyfish and many more). So, they really are all that. The XTC tribute is AMAZING. And Yacht Rock does occasional "whole album" nights where they play stuff they like... recently they packed a good sized local venue performing XTC's Black Sea, Sgt. Pepper, and Dark Side of the Moon. :thu:

• Members

Ahh the puritan American way of thinking.

Do you have something against breasts?

I say free them, free them all!

• Members

Whore's are why I am in a cover band! :D

• Members

Oh, you won't find a bigger fan of them than me, fellas. I'm just saying there's a level of class with those attached to `em.

I'd love to find a nice married musician who's like "I met my wife when we played Skybar and she whipped out her knockers when we were in the guitar solo of 'You Shook Me All Night Long.' Right away, I saw it all: meeting my parents, the wedding, the kids, the white-picket fence.... Angus Young still turns me on." :D :D :D

• Members

Another perspective:

If a girl flashes a huge national act....who cares? They've seen a bazillion boobies before yours, and they'll see a bazillion more after you. The fact is, they will have forgotten all about your boobies before the song is over.....if they even notice them in the first place.

But when you flash a bar band, you are truly doing something worthwhile, and making the evening memorable for everyone involved. These aren't spoiled, silver-spoon rock stars we're talking about.....just regular, hardworking fellows, getting together to play they music they love so that everyone can have a good time. These are gentlemen who truly admire and appreciate the female form, and who are truly thankful for whatever level of exposure you might feel is appropriate.

So if you enjoy making meaningless gestures to people who won't even notice...then by all means, flash your tits at the rock stars.

But if you want to truly become part of the show, and singlehandedly take the party to the next level....flash the bands who actually care.

(Obviously, this is nothing more than shameless pandering....a pitiful attempt to get a drunk chick to flash the band at her local watering hole. But if it helps just one of my peers get an extra dose of the ta-ta's this weekend.....then that makes it all worthwhile.)

• Members

Another perspective:

If a girl flashes a huge national act....who cares? They've seen a bazillion boobies before yours, and they'll see a bazillion more after you. The fact is, they will have forgotten all about your boobies before the song is over.....if they even notice them in the first place.

But when you flash a bar band, you are truly doing something worthwhile, and making the evening memorable for everyone involved. These aren't spoiled, silver-spoon rock stars we're talking about.....just regular, hardworking fellows, getting together to play they music they love so that everyone can have a good time. These are gentlemen who truly admire and appreciate the female form, and who are truly thankful for whatever level of exposure you might feel is appropriate.

So if you enjoy making meaningless gestures to people who won't even notice...then by all means, flash your tits at the rock stars.

But if you want to truly become part of the show, and singlehandedly take the party to the next level....flash the bands who actually
care

(Obviously, this is nothing more than shameless pandering....a pitiful attempt to get a drunk chick to flash the band at her local watering hole. But if it helps just one of my peers get an extra dose of the ta-ta's this weekend.....then that makes it all worthwhile.)

Someone buy this man a beer!

• Members

I'm obviously not going, being in San Diego...but what an awesome marketing package! Impressive, to say the least.

That band is obviously very popular and shows that bands can be successful even in subgenres if they bring it and do it right.

I'm guessing that they make more than $400 a night!
:lol:

+1. Clearly those guys know how to bring it.

• Members

Someone buy this man a beer!

Beer's on me!

Clearly, n9ne gets what it's all about: bar-level cover band flashers are providing a much needed service to those who would otherwise be forced to go without.

• Members

Another perspective:

But if you want to truly become part of the show, and singlehandedly take the party to the next level....flash the bands who actually
care

Well said!:thu:

*slides a beer and a shot across the bar*

• Members

Beer's on me!

Clearly, n9ne gets what it's all about: bar-level cover band flashers are providing a much needed service to those who would otherwise be forced to go without.

+1. I know I value each and every boob that is flashed at me greatly and respect the girls who do so immensely. Even some of the saggy ones.

• Members

Another perspective:

care

I think I am going to put this on my website as code of conduct of gig atendees!!! You sir, are a philosopher!

Rod

Archived