OT- Anyone Close Point Pleasant (NJ Shore) Aug 9th

• Members

After nearly a decade the band finally has a showcase audition at Jenkinson's: the largest live music local nightclub on the Jersey Shore and a mecca for most any agency cover bands between Ocean Beach MD and Montauk, Long Island. There's about 10 bands performing, all agency in 30 minute slots with 15 minute changeovers. Should be fun. :eek::facepalm:

I know there are a few Jerseyites on this board... if you live nearby come on out. This will be a collection of some of the best agency nightclub bands Jersey has to offer. We haven't had to audtion for anything in 5 years so we're going to give it our best shot...and they are going to either love us or hate us. In either case we'll still have Paris... (that's Club Parris in Boston LOL ;). I'm pretty confident even if we aren't deemed a fit for the club we will pick up a few more agents and clubs. Supposed to be alot of club owners and booking agents in attendance. As painful these processes are... this is how the higher profile and bigger cash opportunities get booked.

Hey... at least I can always say I played the Jersey Shore. :D

• Members

After nearly a decade the band finally has a showcase audition at Jenkinson's: the largest live music local nightclub on the Jersey Shore and a mecca for most any agency cover bands between Ocean Beach MD and Montauk, Long Island. There's about 10 bands performing, all agency in 30 minute slots with 15 minute changeovers. Should be fun.
:eek::facepalm:

I know there are a few Jerseyites on this board... if you live nearby come on out. This will be a collection of some of the best agency nightclub bands Jersey has to offer. We haven't had to audtion for anything in 5 years so we're going to give it our best shot...and they are going to either love us or hate us. In either case we'll still have Paris... (that's Club Parris in Boston LOL
;)
. I'm pretty confident even if we aren't deemed a fit for the club we will pick up a few more agents and clubs. Supposed to be alot of club owners and booking agents in attendance. As painful these processes are... this is how the higher profile and bigger cash opportunities get booked.

Hey... at least I can always say I played the Jersey Shore.
:D

Thanks for all the advance notice!!! :rolleyes::lol:

• Members

Thanks for all the advance notice!!!
:rolleyes::lol:

I'm trying to translate... is that sarcasm as in "why didn't you post this a month ago?" or "why don't you post this the day of the event." :D

Truth is, they approached us last Spring with an invite... we didn't get confirmation that we were on the bill until last week when they sent out the schedule. ;)

We're driving 3 hrs down there to play for 30 minutes... so a little advance planning can't hurt at all. :cool:

• Members

After nearly a decade the band finally has a showcase audition at Jenkinson's:

I know there are a few Jerseyites on this board... if you live nearby come on out. This will be a collection of some of the best agency nightclub bands Jersey has to offer.

Hey... at least I can always say I played the Jersey Shore.

Hey, Good Luck!!!

I'm in Monmouth County. Don't know if I can shake loose *and* stay late enough (day gigs are a bitch after all - they do insist that you show up on time and moderately alert in the morning), but I'll give it a shot.

I'm a bit (well, more than a bit) jealous - never been able to sell my little orchestra on the idea. How'd you make the short list?

• Members

I'm trying to translate... is that sarcasm as in "why didn't you post this a month ago?" or "why don't you post this the day of the event."

Truth is, they approached us last Spring with an invite... we didn't get confirmation that we were on the bill until last week when they sent out the schedule.
;)

We're driving 3 hrs down there to play for 30 minutes... so a little advance planning can't hurt at all.
:cool:

:facepalm: MY BAD!!! I've been operating the last two days as if THIS week were the eigth and ninth instead of next week!!! I've been dating everything I've produced at work this week as Aug. 8th and 9th!!:lol:

So, I thought you were posting about the gig THE DAY OF the gig!! :facepalm::lol:

My apologies

• Members

:facepalm:
MY BAD!!! I've been operating the last two days as if THIS week were the eigth and ninth instead of next week!!! I've been dating everything I've produced at work this week as Aug. 8th and 9th!!
:lol:
So, I thought you were posting about the gig THE DAY OF the gig!!
:facepalm::lol:
My apologies

No worries man. :D

• Members

Yup... tommorow night starting at 7pm. There are 10-12 bands, all playing for 30 minutes with 15 minute changeovers on two stages. We're all sharing backline. We're scheduled at 12am.

Jenks.jpg

Nothing on the club website... this is really a showcase for club owners and agents, but I know it's open to the public. We have a little crew coming down from NY.

Archived