Guitar Pickers: How About The Joker.

ggm1960

• Moderators

Strat, slide, wah, slapback delay, possibly mixed louder than the dry sound. Roll off highs on the delay return.

um... exactly. And maybe the tone rolled off just a little on the guitar itself. It never opens up into a bright sound ever. That is an iconic solo. :thu:

• Members

Ah yeah, the slide. Makes all the difference. That guy in my avatar has used one before but it's been awhile. Thanks Flog! Gotta do it tonight, first gig with this new band. Only had a couple weeks to get up to speed but I think I'll be OK.

• Members

One thing I've noticed about bands covering this song (and my cover band is included in this,) is the tendency to overplay the song. The arrangement is very sparse, especially in the verses. We're a 5-piece and we fill it up way too much. (The correct tempo is a whole 'nuther thread...)

jamieb

+++++

• Members

I pulled it off ok at the gig, did some looping in Sonar and some tweaking on my GSP1101 preset and really have it down now. Actually I do a lot of looping in Sonar to tweak in parts. The gig went well, in fact, just got an e-mail that they wanted us back already on the 23rd.

Archived