Small Pedalboard?

Lee Knight

• Moderators

I have one of these...

DV016_Jpg_Large_151432_web_comp.jpg

...and while it's great for my studio, when I go out and play now, it's just too freakin' big. I'm a bassist and really only want 2 or 3 pedals. Overdrive, my cool Aphex opto compressor, and maybe a delay for a couple of timed sync intros.

That Boss is just too huge for a lot of stages. I'm a bass player, right. I just want to put it at the base of my rig. I don't need it at my feet facing forward. And yes, I could just put them on top of my amp but it really isn't ideal for my way of working.

I really want the same sort of functionality of the Boss, the distributed DC mainly... so is there anything out there that is tiny? As small as it can but holding 3 pedals?

Ideas?

• Members

Even when using 3 pedals I like to keep the power isolated and have them hooked together with good cables. I would home make a board integrating a voodoo labs iso5 power supply. If you want to expand your pedalboard you can always take it off. Make it out of plywood and do exactly what "kmart" said. That will give you a reliable pedalboard which I suppose is all you can really ask for.

• Members

Exactly what I was looking for! Awesome! Thank you very much...

$(KGrHqRHJDIE7zJynhfqBO9ueZtG,w~~60_3.JP

I have 'The Bone', which is this + room for two more pedals. It is great for what I need. I can see getting the mini bone for jsut a couple of boxs, though.

THe carpeting is not very well adhered to the plastic, so I put 6 screws in it to hold the rug down, but besides that, it has been great! For the price, I couldn't have found a better option (came with a gig bag and 5 spot...) 398608_2959548557096_1513010366_2928639_

• Moderators

What kind of tuner do you use Lee? If you use a Boss tuner you can daisy chain it to the other two or three pedals.

I used to use the standard Boss one but have since gotten hooked on the "clip on the headstock and read the vibration" style. I love them.

Archived