OT_ This is a cool video.

modulusman

• Moderators

O h no!

Lip sync!

That's the first time I'd considered it might be. And you may be right. But... regardless, that is one hell of a cover. That tune has huevos in the covert sense. Great tune, great cover, lip sync'ed? Maybe... that's ok, it's awesome. But I don't think it is. You don't think people are capable of being that good? Or that recording techniques are good enough to capture that? They are in both cases...

• Members

That's the first time I'd considered it might be. And you may be right. But... regardless, that is one hell of a cover. That tune has huevos in the covert sense. Great tune, great cover, lip sync'ed? Maybe... that's ok, it's awesome. But I don't think it is. You don't think people are capable of being that good? Or that recording techniques are good enough to capture that? They are in both cases...

I'm not trying to make a stink about it, but is definitely sync'ed.

Its not that they cant perform the song, but that the vox are so clean and clear/even, when there's nary a mic near the singer's head.

Saw an actual live clip where the singer did indeed have a mic right up on his mouth, and some of the plaing was simplified...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvviLGNydeg

• Moderators

I'm not trying to make a stink about it, but is definitely sync'ed.

Its not that they cant perform the song, but that the vox are so clean and clear/even, when there's nary a mic near the singer's head.

Saw an actual live clip where the singer did indeed have a mic right up on his mouth, and some of the plaing was simplified...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvviLGNydeg

So the {censored} what? By the way... you're wrong! They recorded a perfect take in a nice acoustic environment, well captured. Then were asked to recreate it. That's hard. They do a great job, and they did an amazing job in their own youtube take. But if you're right... why the Oh No! facepalm. {censored}ing musicians. Oh no! But you're wrong...

Jeez. Why not just dig it? Yes' I know all about lip syncing and deception. You feel this somehow warrants a facepalm? {censored}ing musicians... really.

• Members

So the {censored} what? By the way... you're wrong! They recorded a perfect take in a nice acoustic environment, well captured. Then were asked to recreate it. That's hard. They do a great job, and they did an amazing job in their own youtube take. But if you're right... why the Oh No! facepalm. {censored}ing musicians. Oh no! But you're wrong...

Jeez. Why not just dig it? Yes' I know all about lip syncing and deception. You feel this somehow warrants a facepalm? {censored}ing musicians... really.

You're completely mis-interpretting my initial post. 100%.

And getting way too angry and worked up about something completely trivial.

You may want to have your blood pressure checked. At the very least, perhaps some therapy to deal with your apparent rage issues.

Lighten the f#%k up, Francis...some people here like to get all up in arms about lip-synching like its some sort of mortal sin, and I was taking the piss out on that general attitude.

• Moderators

You're completely mis-interpretting my initial post. 100%.

And getting way too angry and worked up about something completely trivial.

You may want to have your blood pressure checked. At the very least, perhaps some therapy to deal with your apparent rage issues.

Lighten the f#%k up, Francis...some people here like to get all up in arms about lip-synching like its some sort of mortal sin, and I was taking the piss out on that general attitude.

Well... I'm glad I'm misinterpreting. Would you not agree that my misinterpretation warranted a certain amount of rage?

I consider musical risk a worthy endeavor. When someone pisses on that, I'll admit to rage, though rage was hardly the case here. But I'm happy to have got you wrong. Maybe it was my overuse of the eff word? I figured "young punks" like you would get me yo?

• Members

HAH you guys are a bunch of cynical old {censored}s. Lighten up. Im talking about the few people who always pointlessly bicker towards eachother on this here forum, fighting for attention. How does that whole ignore list thingy work again?

• Moderators

PS This video dropped like half a year ago, there have been billions of covers of it and it is now considered a lame and outplayed song by most people of my generation, atleast where i live.

Since your previous post said "{censored}s" plural, I'll assume I'm included. Old {censored}? Yes, Cynical? No.

Did you just say "dropped"? Yo, eh?

• Members

PS This video dropped like half a year ago, there have been billions of covers of it and it is now considered a lame and outplayed song by most people of my generation, atleast where i live.

Well since it had over 90 million views I didn't figure it was brand new.:rolleyes: I still thought it was interesting. EDIT- I guess it has had over 98 million views.

• Members

I too just saw the vid. Radio in my area just started playing the song heavy in the last month or so. After seeing this vid and hearing the song on the radio 3X daily I I may suggest doing it with my trio. Lip synced or not I dig the cover. So my next question is... Is anyone covering it?

• Members

Since your previous post said "{censored}s" plural, I'll assume I'm included. Old {censored}? Yes, Cynical? No.

Did you just say "dropped"? Yo, eh?

No Lee Knight, I like your posts. You seem to know what you're talking about and dont argue for the sake of arguing. By dropped I mean, "released" and barraged onto my generation through Facebook, twitter, and all of that. I rarely say yo, but I say eh a lot.

And don't get me wrong, I really do still enjoy the song. I think it is catchy as hell and I really like the guy's voice and their creativity behind it.

Archived