New Trailer Wrap: $1500 - club and local sponsorship = $200

wheresgrant3

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BEMUSofNthAmrca View Post
I'm sorry to say, but you are basically shouting at the top of your lungs "WE HAVE TONS OF $$$ WORTH OF GEAR IN THIS TRAILER, PLEASE STEAL IT".
Like Grant said.. the promotional benefits of the billboard outside of a club may well outweigh the risk of someone breaking in the trailer. Most people don't realize how much money band gear costs (do you really think your average bar patron realizes that most every band he sees has probably between $10,000 to $60,000 of gear on the stage!?), stealing an entire trailer is a bit too risky for most people, and no one's gonna just tuck that sub under a coat and sneak away with it.

If I lived in a nicer neighborhood and used a trailer instead of my van to haul the gear? I'd totally steal this idea from Grant, and put the trailer right by the main road in front of the venue every night after it's unloaded.

Anything that gives you a "big time feel" automatically makes your stock increase in the eyes of the people who hire you, and the people who go see you. So again, props on the trailer wrap, man.. another excellent marketing idea!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird 13 View Post
Like Grant said.. the promotional benefits of the billboard outside of a club may well outweigh the risk of someone breaking in the trailer.
Lots of "it depends" stuff. Since most of the gigs my band does involves leaving the trailer in a hotel parking lot overnight, I'd never even consider a trailer wrap. Since I think the vast majority of Grant's gigs involve someone driving the trailer home and parking it somewhere they feel it is safe and secure, then the advertising makes sense for them.

Obviously, it LOOKS great. Great job on the wrap! Whether that idea is a good one or not of any other band is something each band would have to decide for themselves. But if the answer is "yes", then that's a great way to do it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guido61 View Post
Lots of "it depends" stuff. Since most of the gigs my band does involves leaving the trailer in a hotel parking lot overnight, I'd never even consider a trailer wrap. Since I think the vast majority of Grant's gigs involve someone driving the trailer home and parking it somewhere they feel it is safe and secure, then the advertising makes sense for them.
Good point on that. I would also think, since you guys do more private events, that the benefits of having your faces/logos plastered on the trailer wouldn't be as good as they would for a band that does a lot of public events.

But yeah, as with everything, it's all band and situation specific!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird 13 View Post
Good point on that. I would also think, since you guys do more private events, that the benefits of having your faces/logos plastered on the trailer wouldn't be as good as they would for a band that does a lot of public events.
Yep. We probably wouldn't get much benefit from that sort of advertising. And anything with our faces on it would be a detriment. icon_lol.gif

But if I knew I'd be driving the trailer home and parking it in my garage after every gig? I'd probably have a wrap on our trailer as well.

• Members

We're not really worried about theft. #1-About 90% of our current gigs take place in a 3 county radius in a semi-rural area. About 1/2 of the cop and firefighter population in the valley attend our shows. It would hard to break in during one of our shows without causing attention. #2-We drive it home every night or park it in a lighted, secure lot while traveling. It's not like we're touring from city to city. #3- Given the where and tear on our stage gear it might almost be a blessing some of it got stolen. LOL It might prove an inceptive for us to replace some aging gear.

I personally wasn't that into having the trailer wrappedbut after seeing the reaction during load in and at shows I see the benefits. And Blackbird pretty much nailed the benefits. And in our case the benefits easily outweighs the negatives

Archived