Will We Ever Run Out of New Music?

6StringSling

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by vanlatte View Post
What are you, Shirley McClaine? How did you go through life without ever hearing anything that you had not heard before?

It's not THAT hard to do.

I mean, maybe one would get passing exposure to things here and there, but it's pretty easy to limit what one chooses to pay attention to listening to.

I know OF at the most cursory level maybe 10-20% max of the new music that's discussed here.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kmart View Post
It's not THAT hard to do.

I mean, maybe one would get passing exposure to things here and there, but it's pretty easy to limit what one chooses to pay attention to listening to.

I know OF at the most cursory level maybe 10-20% max of the new music that's discussed here.
well, I suppose it would be hard to hear NOTHING new, ever. But it certainly is easy to not pay attention to 99% of the cursory stuff that gets played in stores and restuarants and such. As a musician, I have a hard time NOT listening to everything I hear and wondering what it is if it's unfamiliar---or maybe that's just me---but it would easy enough to shut most of it out.

Where it gets tough is during TV or movies or something being played at a party you're at or some such. It's certainly easy enough to hear the new music in those situations and NOT CARE about it, forget it as soon as you've heard it, and therefore it's just as good as never hearing it in the first place. But it would be impossible to not ever actually HEAR anything new.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kmart

View Post

I'm probably at 2-5% at the most. Not that I take pride in that, necessarily. For chrissakes, I don't even know what dubstep is, even though I'm pretty sure that I hear it played every weekend at the club.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Piano Whore

View Post

For chrissakes, I don't even know what dubstep is, even though I'm pretty sure that I hear it played every weekend at the club.

If you think you might be hearing a fax machine with E. coli, you are probably hearing dubstep.

Archived