So, I bought a PA system, but...

New Trail

• Members

I bought a small PA system (Yamaha Powered Mixer, two EV speakers, stands, and cables) from the new drummer in our originals band.  That, along with the two EV speakers that I already had, would make a useable system for smallish gigs, but.............I'm not sure I want the members of my band(s) to know I bought it....is that selfish?  The problem is that I don't have anything to haul all of that stuff with in addition to what I normally have to carry to a gig.  The bands that I'm in already have PA situation covered, anyway, so it's not a big deal.  Am I being selfish?

• Members

god help you.....

I own a PA system. I flat out refuse to bring it to gigs. The absolutely only way to do this without resenting your entire band is to tell them that IF you bring the PA it is to be unloaded and setup before anyone unloads or sets up anything. You can exlude the drummer from this if you want but otherwise you are going to be doing the soundguy's job and wanting to murder your friends. 

• Members

Austincowbell wrote:

god help you.....

I own a PA system. I flat out refuse to bring it to gigs. The absolutely only way to do this without resenting your entire band is to tell them that IF you bring the PA it is to be unloaded and setup before anyone unloads or sets up anything. You can exlude the drummer from this if you want but otherwise you are going to be doing the soundguy's job and wanting to murder your friends. 

Good to see you again, Austin! :smileyvery-happy:

Archived