Live videos!

• Members

Well... I really like watching other band's videos.

I have a new one now. We are selling it as a "Soul Artist", Anya Karin. But we do some pop, funk and blues also... Anyway, hope it entertains some of you and I'm hopping to get opinions as well :thu:

[video=youtube;93MHTPL8tZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93MHTPL8tZM

[video=youtube;nrIHQivzr0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIHQivzr0I&feature=relmfu

[video=youtube;vwIo5_HdhW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwIo5_HdhW4&feature=relmfu

[video=youtube;V0GzwQnpLBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GzwQnpLBs&feature=relmfu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A nice collection of covers. Your singer has some spunk. When I got to the Tina Turner cover I was " no.... are they really covering this song". What a little gem for you guys. Nice time and arrangement. I like the guitar arrangement, really fills out. If I was walking by a bar and heard you guys playing I would definitely get sucked it. :thu:

• Members

A nice collection of covers. Your singer has some spunk. When I got to the Tina Turner cover I was " no.... are they really covering this song". What a little gem for you guys. Nice time and arrangement. I like the guitar arrangement, really fills out. If I was walking by a bar and heard you guys playing I would definitely get sucked it.
:thu:

Thanks man!

We are starting to get big in our area exactly because people passing by usually get interested and come in the pub to listen to us :thu:

And also because we play at a very low volume for a live band. That has been a very strong objective and a marketing decision since the beginning. Ok, it's still live and too loud to be considered "ambient music". But it's much quieter than any other band in the area...

The singer is professionally trained, studies 2 or 3 hours a day and teaches singing in a music school. So, she's singing as a full time job!

The incredible thing is, she was sick that day!! She had a flu and was in pain. She went to the doctor the day before and she was taking antibiotics!

Any way, I'm looking forward for the oportunity to record some video from a show were the singer is at her full potential and then I'll post that one here!

Needless to say, I'm really proud of her!! :cool:

• Members

Both of your bands sound really damn good! I'll be honest that I'm more into your Maiden cover band, but they're my favorite band for sure. One of my side projects did a lot of Maiden, but they weren't as devoted to sounding good like you guys are. Kudos to you absolutely!

The songs with Anya Karin are awesome too. I really like her voice, and her singing. It's a nice contrast from the Maiden tribute, and nice to see that you have a broad palette in your playing!

• Members

Thanks bish0p34! I'm a guitar teacher and I do some session work very occasionally, so I really have to study a lot of music styles. I'm studding country at the moment! LOL

By the way, yesterday we had a gig in a big international Harley Davidson event here in Portugal (Lisbon). It was not a main act or anything like that, it was supposed to be just ambient music during the afternoon for the Lisbon Harley tent...

We were told that it was supposed to be some sound gear there but and it was just 2 powered tops! LOL We took some of our stuff just in case, and I'm glad we did.

Anyway, we took too much time on soundcheck and, when we finally finished we only had 15min to get dressed and start the show.

But there was already a crowd in front of us and they wanted us to start! LOL So we did. Did't have time to dress or anything... LOL

Good news, every body loved the show. The guy organizing the event said we were great and in the next event (2014 :( ) he wanted us on the main stage!

The city president (I don't know a better word in English) was there and and asked for our contact information and said we were a great band to play on major city events!

I'm overwhelmed by all the positive response!

I leave you some random youtube videos that somebody uploaded (without our permission... lol).

Never mind the clothing! Like I said , we didn't have time to dress up...

[video=youtube;XXRLxwuVn6o]

[video=youtube;WGKFJVRjnoU]

[video=youtube;v7WSdWN8d1Q]

PS - Sorry if I'm becoming annoying with all the videos and stuff... I'm just psyched about this band. And I really want to share with every one!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Thanks Grant- I really wish I hit my stride at the beginning of the show and didn't run out of gas, but overall I'm pretty proud of it. The stand is actually homemade by the drummer and guitarist's grandfather. It works awesome because the slant allows a lower playing height, and the pivot allows some natural movement, which with the 62 key board really minimizes the obvious drawbacks of a lead singer on keys. The only downside is it's easy to see how little I actually do.

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

Thanks Grant- I really wish I hit my stride at the beginning of the show and didn't run out of gas, but overall I'm pretty proud of it. The stand is actually homemade by the drummer and guitarist's grandfather. It works awesome because the slant allows a lower playing height, and the pivot allows some natural movement, which with the 62 key board really minimizes the obvious drawbacks of a lead singer on keys. The only downside is it's easy to see how little I actually do.

Um... you are fronting. And that is the most important thing that you do (and you do it very well BTW). You sound terrific!

My favorite player in DT was Kevin Moore. Sherinian, Rudess are amazing players with incredible techique but the lacked the nuance and soul that more had. His textures and dynamics against pettrucci and Myung was the perfect canvas for the early DT material. I'm a minimalist at heart. I'm a huge believer in a guitar driven band... less keys is more! 

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

Thank you! Great to hear that from successful musicians.

I agree wholeheartedly about keys. I honestly have never been able to get into DT. I should investigate the Kevin Moore era a little more earnestly.

The kevin moore era is my favorite... And the stuff he did with Fates Warning too. 

• Moderators

Tim, I just got around to this thread. It's wonderful to see players who know how to make a sound. To back up a singer and performer that knows what he's doing. It certainly gives credence to a lot of your opinions here. I thought as much, now I know.

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

Tim, I just got around to this thread. It's wonderful to see players who know how to make a sound. To back up a singer and performer that knows what he's doing. It certainly gives credence to a lot of your opinions here. I thought as much, now I know.

glad you enjoyed it.   

• Members

Not my band, but I provided lights this sat for a benefit gig for a coworker. I donated my light rig, as it was something I could do. The co-workers kid has helped me load in and out more times than I can count so it was a way to give back.

And a way to get my light rig into this venue so they could see what I can do.

;)

Archived