what is your age?

eyesore

• Moderators

I shot this that night and had good fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mure

Billy Mure is one of those great 'unknown' guitarists who influenced so many people; but in his case, he did have releases under his own name, besides the amazing variety of studio work he did (including a huge amount of #1 hits in the late 50s)...he was the guitarist on Rawhide, for instance..

He knew no boundaries and was a pioneer in rockabilly and surf music.

Check out 'Supersonic' and 'Diamonds' (both can be found on youtube) and you'll see what I mean.

Richard, please next time you see Billy, let him know there are many who appreciate his influence! :cool:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm 48, Started playing guitar at five. My dad played in all types of country bands when I was a kid. I started playing in bar bands at about 16. was a starving musician until about 26 then started working construction and playing mostly on the weekends. Two years ago when the economy took a {censored} and work dried up overnight it seemed, Started doing solo gigs through the week and it helps make the ends meet. I play bars, bars, and more bars.

• Members

Billy Mure is one of those great 'unknown' guitarists who influenced so many people; but in his case, he did have releases under his own name, besides the amazing variety of studio work he did (including a huge amount of #1 hits in the late 50s)...he was the guitarist on Rawhide, for instance..

He knew no boundaries and was a pioneer in rockabilly
and
surf music.

Check out 'Supersonic' and 'Diamonds' (both can be found on youtube) and you'll see what I mean.

Richard, please next time you see Billy, let him know there are many who appreciate his influence!
:cool:

I will be happy to let Billy know. He stops by my house for about an hour or so every Monday evening and we just sit and talk about anything. We're recording one of the songs that he wrote recently and as of now is up to 106 tracks. It's been a couple of weeks, but he wants to start again next week. It's a real shame that he is so unknown, but that's the way things had been going back when he was playing. Here's his Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mure and a partial list of the #1 songs that he played on. He not only played guitar, but threw in lots of options on the guitar parts to the writers and producers of the past.....

• Members

I hit the magic 50 mark last December 1, and I've been a full-time working pro for 30 of those years. Right now I'm doing 4-5 nights a week, mostly restaurant/bar combos, with some private parties and festivals thrown into the mix. Although I have other interests and part-time careers, music has always been my "day job." Even after all this time and the thousands of gigs I've played, there's nothing I'd rather do. Still. There's so much to learn, so much music to be written, recorded, and performed... and I'm going to run out of time long before I run out of music. I just hope I never run out of people who want to hear it.

Archived