not at all Amazing sort of quasi Blues/rock/soul duo - (nothing Like Page and plant)

Shaw2222

• Members

I have made my point over and over again. I'm just trying to attract people who like this kind of music.

ITS NOTHING AT ALL LIKE PAGE AND PLANT!

Why do you think your getting a hard time? That low pitched vocal is like Robert Plant? How bout the guitar licks? No--and no. Not in the same vain. Nothing. And to use the word amazing to describe that vid.... :)

• Members

Please understand everyone, as I have previously stated, I DO NOT THINK WE ARE AS GOOD AS PAGE AND PLANT. In fact, we are nowhere near that level. I have made my point over and over again. I'm just trying to attract people who like this kind of music. That is all, nothing less and nothing more.

It wasn't so much the comparison to P&P that was over the top, it was the use of the word "amazing". If that video is "amazing" to you, I'd like to hear the adjective you'd use for, say, something truly amazing.

Who are you to decide?

Um....the people you're asking to check you out based on the description you yourself provided.

Let me explain the nature of your logical fallacy when you say "Also, it's all subjective. " Let's use cars and an example.

Let's say you have a 2006 Kia Optima. It's a nice car, clean, and is a nice little ride. You really want to sell it, so you post a ad that says "sleek, sexy car that you will fall in love with." Now, that ad is entirely subjective, may get some attention, and the reader of the ad is free to fill in his own blank about what is sleek and sexy. But a few weeks goes by and no one bites, so you put up a new ad that says "Amazing car, just like a Lamborghini!" When people come by to look at it, what do you think they will have to say about your ad?

Had you stuck to non-specific adjectives, you'd have been fine, but there really are a Page and a Plant, and people know what they sound like, so using them in your ad description is inviting comparison, and the resultant criticism you're getting. That''s all I'm trying to tell you. Maybe you really think everyone else who has responded to you is either too stupid to get the point or just mean people, but the fact that not one person here has supported your viewpoint ought to tell you something. Or not. It's up to you. I actually think you should just promote yourself as who you are and avoid comparisons.

• Members

Let's say you have a 2006 Kia Optima. It's a nice car, clean, and is a nice little ride. You really want to sell it, so you post a ad that says "sleek, sexy car that you will fall in love with." Now, that ad is entirely subjective, may get some attention, and the reader of the ad is free to fill in his own blank about what is sleek and sexy. But a few weeks goes by and no one bites, so you put up a new ad that says "Amazing car, just like a Lamborghini!" When people come by to look at it, what do you think they will have to say about your ad?

Hello again. While I see the point you are making, it's not all that similar. See, my original motive was to attract more attention to the thread, which seems to have been successful. And yes, the title may have put some people off, but would they have even clicked on the thread had I not used it? And many others will not likely be bothered by the title, and just listen to the music... It kind of ties in with "Any publicity is good publicity", which I believe holds true in many cases...

Anyway, my original intention was certainly not to come across as an ass, which I may have done a bit by arguing with you all.

• Members

I think you guys sound great and I don't feel the need to argue about the title. You really hit a nerve with some of the guys here. Figured they would have moved on but the paragraphs keep a coming. Geez..

Yes, clearly everyone in a forum should just shut up and accept that whatever anyone says about themselves is God's truth and move on.:rolleyes::facepalm:

Archived