not at all Amazing sort of quasi Blues/rock/soul duo - (nothing Like Page and plant)

Shaw2222

• Members

Why would you write (Like Page/Plant) when you two are nothing like page or plant? Thats why I was sarcastic. Plus the word Amazing is so overused. Did you amaze me -----ummm---no not at alll. Three chord jams and pentatonic scales dont amaze me sorry. Are you two pretty good---yes.

• Members

I see your point. But people are much more likely to click on a title like that, as opposed to simply "A blues duo". And yeah, we're not a Page and Plant rip off, but I think the music is in a similar vain, and I think fans of Page and Plant would be more likely to like us, as opposed to people who don't like them.

Thanks for checking it out anyway!

• Members

Who cares how many views you get on youtube, especially if you have to lie in the title? Your hearts in the wrong place.

My thoughts exactly... I guess some people puts too much weight in to what other people thinks of them. Kind of sad if you think about it, but to each his own

• Members

Haha, I see there has been quite an over-reaction in regards to the title.

So what if I want to get more views? I put a lot of work in to my music, in fact a life time of work, and I would like for people to hear it. Why would anybody upload anything to Youtube, or any other website, other than for people to hear it? Why bother making CD's, albums or Youtube videos, if you think by trying to get more views, fans and listeners, that you are some kind of sellout.

Anyway, thanks for listening, and thanks for the people who commented on the music as opposed to the title.

• Members

So what if I want to get more views? I put a lot of work in to my music, in fact a life time of work, and I would like for people to hear it.

Sorry, but the only way to get views is to put something up that lives up to your title- that is, it has to be great, amazing, spectacular, one of a kind. Think Tommy Emmanuel or Jake Shimabukuro. If you don't know who these guys are, look them up and you'll see what I mean. Or it has to be over the top goofy and go viral- either way, it has to be something that stands way out above the masses. Sorry, your videos don't. What you're doing is good enough, but it isn't anything I couldn't see at any club in town on any night of the week. I don't mean to be harsh, just realistic.

My own stuff isn't any better, either.

• Members

Sorry, but the only way to get views is to put something up that lives up to your title- that is, it has to be great, amazing, spectacular, one of a kind. Think Tommy Emmanuel or Jake Shimabukuro. If you don't know who these guys are, look them up and you'll see what I mean. Or it has to be over the top goofy and go viral- either way, it has to be something that stands way out above the masses. Sorry, your videos don't. What you're doing is good enough, but it isn't anything I couldn't see at any club in town on any night of the week. I don't mean to be harsh, just realistic.

My own stuff isn't any better, either.

Yes, Tommy Emmanuel is a huge inspiration to me! And I actually heard Jake Shimabukuro through Emmanuel... I believe they played "While my guitar gently weeps" together. And, I see what you're saying, it isn't that spectacular, or goofy, so I do realise it's not going viral. But that wasn't my aim. My point is, If I had titled this thread "Blues duo from the UK", or something similar, this thread would have most likely died a few days ago with like 50 views or something. Now it's got like 500. Again, it's not the views I'm concerned with, but this has greatly maximised the chance of someone who will potentially like the music coming along and listening. Yes, we have seen that some will be annoyed with the title, but I have also seen others who just enjoyed the music for what it was.

• Members

Why dont you put "Hot sex" in the title if your worried about getting a ton of views?

You seem to be missing the point. I'm not interested in just attracting anyone for the sake of a view. The kind of people that are attracted to Page and Plant in the title, will be much more likely to like our music than those that don't like them. So it is potential fans that are attracted this way, or least people who will potentially like the music. And that is our aim. I'm not saying we're as good as them, as obviously we are not. And I'm not saying we sound exactly like them, because we don't. But they are a huge inspiration to us, and our music is in a similar vain to theirs. So make of it what you will.

• Members

Yes, Tommy Emmanuel is a huge inspiration to me! And I actually heard Jake Shimabukuro through Emmanuel... I believe they played "While my guitar gently weeps" together. And, I see what you're saying, it isn't that spectacular, or goofy, so I do realise it's not going viral. But that wasn't my aim. My point is, If I had titled this thread "Blues duo from the UK", or something similar, this thread would have most likely died a few days ago with like 50 views or something. Now it's got like 500. Again, it's not the views I'm concerned with, but this has greatly maximised the chance of someone who will potentially like the music coming along and listening. Yes, we have seen that some will be annoyed with the title, but I have also seen others who just enjoyed the music for what it was.

Fair enough.

The kind of people that are attracted to Page and Plant in the title, will be much more likely to like our music than those that don't like them.

Or they might be really annoyed that you don't really sound anything like them and may have over-hyped yourself. I'm just saying, self promotion is a fine art and hyperbole is best avoided, in my experience. It's hard to come up with something attractive but not over the top.

• Moderators

I want my time back. :mad:

You two are neither amazing, all that bluesy, far too Caucasian for any 'soul' cred, nor anything like Page/Plant.

Misleading people into looking at you is a cheap con....the lowest, shoddiest and cheapest sort of all. Seriously.

All you have done is generate views based on a lie.

So the point is...:idk:

So I changed the thread title to be more realistic...:wave:

• Members

This is hilarious. If you're so concerned about your time, why waste more of it posting a comment, and changing the title? That took much more time to do than to click the link. I really don't know why this affects you all so much. I mean, if it annoys you, fair enough, move on. But the fact you go to these extremes in fact proves that you are maybe not so concerned with time, and most likely have far too much of it at your disposal.

Also, it's all subjective. You may call it a lie, the next guy may call it the best thing he's ever heard on a par with Page and Plant... Who are you to decide? For example, when you see a trailer for a new film, they don't say, "pretty decent film, not the best ever, but worth a watch maybe if you have nothing to do one evening", they're all like "BEST FILM OF 2011, EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS BEFORE THEY DIE". I mean, we all know it's probably not going to be the best film, and definitely not something that we must see before we die. But it will attract more people and therefore more fans. It's just the way it works in an overcrowded market.

• Members

You know what would be hilarious? Finding someone that thinks that this act is "the best thing he's ever heard on a par with Page and Plant". I mean, I get it's all subjective, but there's also common sense and music knowledge.

• Members

OK if you must hear this to convince yourself of your talent---------------you guys sound just like Page and Plant. As a matter of fact, you sound better. Page and Plant should hang their heads in shame that they sold so many records and millions of concert tickets when the world was really looking for you two. P&P are a couple of fakes who couldn't compare to Milli Vanilli. You two are the F***ing real deal. Happy? :facepalm:

You kids have talent----------no doubt, but to compare yourselves to P&P is absolutely, utterly retarded. You don't earn your place in Rock history by just telling the world how great you are without the chops to back it up. Hell, I must be smarter than Einstein (just because I say so).

• Members

Please understand everyone, as I have previously stated, I DO NOT THINK WE ARE AS GOOD AS PAGE AND PLANT. In fact, we are nowhere near that level. I have made my point over and over again. I'm just trying to attract people who like this kind of music. That is all, nothing less and nothing more.

Archived