"Banner" Help

Potts

• Members

So I really need something for my gigs. I'm thinking 3x5 or something- maybe even square. I'm looking for ideas so I'm willing to listen to anything. I use a Bose so I can't really hang anything off it. I don't want to bring light stands all the time to hang it and many venues aren't set up to be able to hang one.

Any ideas?

• Members

It would be great if we could do THIS all the time

walden house.JPG

but that's not gonna happen.

I have a show poster taped inside the lid of the briefcase I bring for production.

It's a little low rent and certainly isn't as effective as an actual banner BUT I can use almost anywhere

briefcase.jpg

• Members

J.Paul wrote:

It would be great if we could do THIS all the time

walden house.JPG

but that's not gonna happen.

I have a show poster taped inside the lid of the briefcase I bring for production.

It's a little low rent and certainly isn't as effective as an actual banner BUT I can use almost anywhere

briefcase.jpg

LOL.. most missed the point on this one except for you   ;)

That's what I'm talking about but just bigger.

• Members

Potts wrote: I don't want to bring light stands all the time to hang it and many venues aren't set up to be able to hang one.

Any ideas?

What I have done in venues where we played more than once was determine what was necessary to hang the banner, which in most cases was using some existing nails/screws or other hardware that other bands had used, or discretely putting a couple of small drywall-style screws where they were not all that visible, but from which I could hang the banner using cords or bungees. Then, whenever we went back, it was all set up.

• Members

skybluegary wrote:

I'm sure I saw someone using these L1 lighting brackets as a hanger for two slim vertical banners.

Thanks for that link, I need to get the version they have for the Bose compact so I can hang my lights!

I'm all about less is more for the load in/out value.

• Members

Here's my newest idea, though I've yet to implement it:

I'm way overdue for a merch set-up for my full band shows, thinking about getting some of the metal grid pieces you see at shows and hanging a banner from it then an assortment of for sale merch around he banner and placing that directly behind me for solo shows where I don't have a merch table or anyone to sell for me. It'll be a nice consistent backdrop from show to show and have my merch in the eyeliner of attendees all night. Opinions?

Archived