Recent show pics

• Members

Just found this legacy forum. I had posted in the new format without knowing this existed! Glad everyone is still around. That said, I don't know if it is gonna upset anyone if I repost here or not...but I'm gonna do it :)

We started building our light show a little over a year ago with a lot of the advice found on this forum including The Band Lighting Guide from soundlight (look for the sticky). Also a few questions answered via email from friends I've made here. Thanks to EVERYONE that contributes here and answers questions. I've read a lot of posts and learned a lot from you.

You can see the full set of pics here but I'll post a few below.

4597827868_95976ef4f4_o.jpg

4597212897_8dcd1d1e62_o.jpg

4597211885_1dc7693505_o.jpg

4597210993_26bcbbd8af_o.jpg

4597826272_f2bb3ccf28_o.jpg

4597825964_278610043b_o.jpg

4597212133_6cde3e79bd_o.jpg

4597827922_a1a65653e9_o.jpg

4597828126_dee4649c65_o.jpg

• Members

It would appear we are doing something right then...:)

I am seriously thinking about adding two of the Q-Spot 150 LEDs on the top of each vertical truss to compliment the SCX500s we are using.

Any other feedback than the girls are hot, sky is blue, times are good, etc :poke:

• Members

Looks like your using Freestyler as a controller. Do you control from stage or does your sound guy handle it?

She does the lights - you can see her in front of the computer in one of the pics. We've been doing sound from stage but that's about to change. We are going to have a dedicated light person and a dedicated sound person.

• Members

One negative, and it's a personal preference thing, but I don't particularly all the front under lighting. I find some of the pic's come of ghoulish.

EDIT: Otherwise, I love the lighting. Very well thought out.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I noticed that, too - especially in the green-themed pic above. Looks like it happened when she didn't give the FOH lights as much intensity. Another big contributor to this was us playing on a stage about a foot higher than where the speakers were setting. We're usually on the same level as the speakers and those lights aren't so much under as even with us.

Again, thanks for the good feedback. You are obviously used to working with hot women and are not as easily distracted as the early replies :rolleyes: LOL.

• Members

Yeah, our singer's pretty cute :)

As for the front lighting, if you just got a couple of cheapo par38's on each side and left them on all the time, your problem would be solved.

They are so light, you can mount them to just about anything.

• Members

Yeah, our singer's pretty cute
:)

As for the front lighting, if you just got a couple of cheapo par38's on each side and left them on all the time, your problem would be solved.

They are so light, you can mount them to just about anything.

The two front lights we have on each side are cheapo par38's ;) Not gonna leave 'em on all the time though - some scenes need those to drop out if only momentarily. However, the next time we are on a stage higher than the 18s we mount those par38's on, I'll probably try to find a way to raise the 38s up a little higher. In the pics with higher intensity settings it wasn't a problem. Still, good to see and discuss - thanks!!

• Members

The two front lights we have on each side are cheapo par38's
;)
Not gonna leave 'em on all the time though - some scenes need those to drop out if only momentarily. However, the next time we are on a stage higher than the 18s we mount those par38's on, I'll probably try to find a way to raise the 38s up a little higher. In the pics with higher intensity settings it wasn't a problem. Still, good to see and discuss - thanks!!

Have you tried mounting them to the top of your mains. That would definitely solve the problem regardless of stage setup. It's what we do.

• Members

She does the lights - you can see her in front of the computer in one of the pics. We've been doing sound from stage but that's about to change. We are going to have a dedicated light person and a dedicated sound person.

Which interface are you using for freestyler?

Archived