Streamline new LED

BillESC

• Members

The PUCK from Blizzard Lighting.

24brig3.jpg

10xfqbk.jpg

With 144 10mm diodes and a beam spread of 21 degrees this puppy has some punch. Compare the Puck's 3920 lux @ one meter to the Chauvet 200B's 930 lux or the LEDrain 56's 1390 lux and you'll get the idea.

Size: 8.25 x 8.25 x 2.5 in

Weight: 4 lbs

• Members

The PUCK from Blizzard Lighting.

24brig3.jpg

10xfqbk.jpg

With 144 10mm diodes and a beam spread of 21 degrees this puppy has some punch. Compare the Puck's 3920 lux @ one meter to the Chauvet 200B's 930 lux or the LEDrain 56's 1390 lux and you'll get the idea.

Size: 8.25 x 8.25 x 2.5 in

Weight: 4 lbs

Whats the price on these Bill?

• Members

A 200B has a 45 degree beam spreak. The PUCK is not a wash. It is a spot which could be used to highlight performers or from the rear truss for the beam effect.

The great thing is you can pack about a dozen in a suit case.

• Members
A 200B has a 45 degree beam spreak. The PUCK is not a wash. It is a spot which could be used to highlight performers or from the rear truss for the beam effect.

The great thing is you can pack about a dozen in a suit case.

Yes, that is the great thing. Or leave them on a truss and pack them in a case about 3" thick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I really like where Blizzard Lighting is going with thier fixtures. Lots of 1w and 3w fixtures, the puck seems really cool too.

One side note, the puck has some neat designs as it changes color but that isn't the purpose right? Not looking into the LED's seems normal enough. Anyway, I'm seriously ready to drop some $ this year or beginning of next on some LED fixtures for uplighting and cross-rental stuff. These seem easy enough to set and forget or actually program with a DMX controller.

• Members

I grabbed 10 Pucks from Bill recently. I'm using 8 across the front (2 trusses of 4), and 2 on the floor pointed at the drums (or onto the back wall depending) with zippers on the sides for wash.

I just grabbed them, so I've only used them for 1 show so far. These lights worked/looked great. The band and many in the crowd commented on how much they liked the look.

My girlfriend is making some nice custom reinforced canvas bags for protection/transport. Their size and shape make for very easy storage in my trailer. And I have to say, compared to my old lamps, these have a VERY nice clean look on the truss with wiring pre-run and tied.

I'll post some pics once I debug the new show.

• Members

OK, My next show where I will need lights isn't for a couple of weeks. But in the mean time, this is what the Puck's look like when mounted onto a standard 4 par light bar.

20100928_01.jpg

Their shape allows for very clean routing of the wiring.

20100928_03.jpg

This is the top view. Notice, they are as wide as the pole.

20100928_02.jpg

• Members

Mutha I am totally sold, what a beautiful looking setup. That is how I have my current LED pars set up, but it's so messy with all the cords sticking out the back.

I wonder where you can get them in the great white north? Who ships into Canada?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OK, as promised here are a few pictures from last night's show. The focus aren't always great, but you don't perfect focus to see the colors, right? :)

First, a few impressions of the new setup:

The front Pucks were excellent. Great color and coverage. There was a sharpness to the lighting that I didn't see with my previous lamps. I loved the way they looked and worked.

The Zipper's were perfect. I had these on the side of the stage on the floor facing in. They were out of the way and yet very effective (excuse the pun). Their colors worked very well with the pucks. But I do think I will change their location for the next show. I'm thinking one on the floor in front of the drums, facing forward. The other on a stand behind the drummer pointed down on him. This will allow for some dance floor effects while still providing a good stage wash and improved drum lighting.

The Pucks I had in the back, facing the drums/backdrop were decent. The drummer had a lot of cymbals, so it was difficult trying to illuminate the back wall and drums. If I make the above change, these can be delegated to back wall illumination.

For control, I used DMXis. I wasn't too pleased with this, though admittedly some of this could have been due to my own preset arrangement (though, why is it that I can sort presets w/i a bank, but I can

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I picked up a couple of the pucks from ESC for some cool lighting effects in my newly completed studio/jam room (enclosed a double garage) and they are really great! I liked them enough to order 2 more - they are awesome!

• Members

OK, My next show where I will need lights isn't for a couple of weeks. But in the mean time, this is what the Puck's look like when mounted onto a standard 4 par light bar.

20100928_01.jpg

Their shape allows for very clean routing of the wiring.

20100928_03.jpg

This is the top view. Notice, they are as wide as the pole.

20100928_02.jpg

Those are really great pics of your light bars and I personally appreciate the effort of taking them out of storage and taking those pics for us. I have forwarded this page to a friend in a band where your setup would work great. (I have to look to see if you mentioned what controller you use)

I have a "user" question. The Pucks are advertised as "uplighting". Are these on par (pun intented) with Par lights for lighting faces and upperbody? I am looking to use one Puck for a Solo Acoustic act and adding a second when going Duo and was wondering if a Par would light better. Having a bunch of Pucks strung together will provide a lot of overlapping light and might be hard to tell how much one will put out by itself.

Down the road I would like to add one or two behind us at work scenes with a footswitch. Anything to jazz up the act certainly can't hurt to getting more work.

(Gee I always wanted to do this back when I was in a band. I couldn't imagine lugging around light bars all sticking out and getting banged up. Love the look of those Pucks!)

Archived