Help! Major PA problems...

• Members

My setup is a Yamaha MG12/4 mixer into a QSC RMX 2450 amp. Last night I had it all setup for my first show and could not get sound out of channel 2 to save my life.

I've checked to make sure nothing on the mixer was panned all the way left or anything, and I checked my cables going from the mixer to the amp and tried backup cables, but to no avail. Today I tried running the Left output to the channel 2 on the amp and nothing came out. Also, when I ran the Right output from the mixer to either channel on the amp, it wouldn't work. So to me it seems as if I've blown the right output on the mixer and the channel 2 input on the amp.

How could this have happened? Everything was fine the last time I used it before I had this problem. I follow all the "rules" when connecting and turning things on. I'm really hoping there's something I've just overlooked and someone could give me a suggestion or two.

• Members

have you checked the back panel? maybe you have the amp in mono bridged mode. check that it's in stereo mode. has dip switches on the back. also, sounds like your right main out (i assume xlr) is intermitent. try a "Y" cable from the left out to each channel of the amp. i don't think chanel 2 of the amp is "blown". somebody probably just flipped the sitch

• Members
Originally posted by u6crash

I tried running the Left output to the channel 2 on the amp and nothing came out. Also, when I ran the Right output from the mixer to either channel on the amp, it wouldn't work. So to me it seems as if I've blown the right output on the mixer and the channel 2 input on the amp.

If the right channel of the mixer won't power either channel of the amp then you either have a problem with that cable or in the mixer itself. Do you get right output in the headphones?

If the left out of the mixer will power ch1 of the amp but not ch2 of the amp then either ch2 of the amp is blown or the dip switches are set for mono or bridge. I'm assuming that you've checked the speaker and it's cable?

How could this have happened? Everything was fine the last time I used it .

Well, that's normal

• Members

My guess is the DIP switch as well. Make sure it's set to stereo, not parallel, and also to bridge mono off.

It could also be that something is blown. Double check all your cables, and then start going through everything to make sure it's all working.

• Members

Originally posted by dboomer

How could this have happened? Everything was fine the last time I used it.

Well, that's normal

How does that happen?

We had a monitor amp go down at work the other day. I leave at night - everything's fine. I come in the next day, and the amp doesn't work. The signal LED's are coming on, but nothing's coming out. The cables checked out ok, too.

-Dan.

• Members

Originally posted by B. Adams

My guess is the DIP switch as well. Make sure it's set to stereo, not parallel, and also to bridge mono off.

It could also be that something is blown. Double check all your cables, and then start going through everything to make sure it's all working.

if it were in parallel then both channels would have signal. when i parallel if you send signal to channel 1 then both channels get signal and output is on both sides. you must mean in mono or bridged mode. when in either mode no matter how many sources you plug in only channel 1 has output. don't know if this is understandable. hope this helps:)

• Members

I checked all the switches in the back and they are all as they should be. It's pretty hard to accidentally swtich them since they are recessed. And as mentioned, I have double checked the cables by using other cables. From the mixer I can use either 1/4" out or XLR out and I've tried both of those on the right channel and neither work.

I'm going to mess with it more later this week and see if I can't figure something out. If I ended up taking it in somewhere for repair, any idea what repair costs usually run?

Archived