"B" co, Not the only one

• Members

Originally posted by Al Poulin

Do you mean these JBL Eon look alikes?

Those too, I guess. But going after MI lines is more of what we are used to from the offshore companies. Blatant ripoffs of big-dog systems like this line array product are a new one to me.

I can't imagine anyone outside of China who is in the market for an EAW system going for this product instead.

• Members

quote their website about their line arrays :

" It's designed according to the aerodynamic rules. By this, we successfully solve the problem of bowl wave, which blocks mostly LF transmission and produces noise when woofer works."

Why doesn't every speaker manufacturer design their products according to the aerodynamic rules? Come to think of it, I have always wondered why there was so much bowl wave in my sound system...... :D

Al Poulin - Party-time! DJ Services

• Members

Originally posted by Al Poulin

quote their website about their line arrays :

" It's designed according to the aerodynamic rules. By this, we successfully solve the problem of bowl wave, which blocks mostly LF transmission and produces noise when woofer works."

Why doesn't every speaker manufacturer design their products according to the aerodynamic rules? Come to think of it, I have always wondered why there was so much bowl wave in my sound system......
:D

Al Poulin - Party-time! DJ Services

I hate those bowel waves.

• Members

Originally posted by Dan Magers

I hate those bowel waves.

Are those the infra-sound low frequencies that are supposed to make you dump in your pants?? :confused:

I was surprised, at first, that EAW hasn't squelched their website... but after reading the quotes here I'm guessing EAW employees can't stop laughing long enough to make a complaint. :D

• Members

Originally posted by soul-x

Those too, I guess. But going after MI lines is more of what we are used to from the offshore companies. Blatant ripoffs of big-dog systems like this line array product are a new one to me.

I can't imagine anyone outside of China who is in the market for an EAW system going for this product instead.

I don't know about that, the prices are cheap. If I was looking to get a line aray, and I saw these guys making teh "same" stuff at 1/3 the price, I would consider it.

What would worry me though is if they use the same components as the real ones.

• Members

Originally posted by kevinnem

Not a chance.

Mark and I saw some Chinese fly rated shackles at NAMM a couple years back and there were severe casting cracks and flaws that would immediately disqualify them from ANY structural use, but they were selling them anyway. UN-{censored}IN'-BELIEVABLE.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Not a chance.

Mark and I saw some Chinese fly rated shackles at NAMM a couple years back and there were severe casting cracks and flaws that would immediately disqualify them from ANY structural use, but they were selling them anyway. UN-{censored}IN'-BELIEVABLE.

That was my concern as well. The thought of china castings holding that rig up scares me.

Gotta run. Going back to the cleanup effort again today.

I took a good picture of 3/4 inch concrete anchor bolts stretched to failure from the Tuesday night storm. I've never seen anything like this. Real scary.

• Members

I don't know about that, the prices are cheap. If I was looking to get a line aray, and I saw these guys making teh "same" stuff at 1/3 the price, I would consider it.

In a rig designed for that market, purchase price really is secondary to many other concerns (such as the flyware questions posted above). The EAW product is a known quality which has provided its users with good return on their investment, regardless of the purchase price.

• Members

Excellent points. And BTW - Where do you suppose you'll get service when these things break, and they will.

Anyone who has worked with true professional PA gear understands the only market for this company's line array and other "pro" items is suckers with more money than sense.

• Members

Originally posted by Dan Magers

That was my concern as well. The thought of china castings holding that rig up scares me.

Gotta run. Going back to the cleanup effort again today.

I took a good picture of 3/4 inch concrete anchor bolts stretched to failure from the Tuesday night storm. I've never seen anything like this. Real scary.

I used to erect bridges, and one of them fell down, one of the inserts (stainless steel 1.5 inch) was sheared in half, .. just like a big pair of sizzors cut through it. Scarry stuff.

It is my understanding from talking to some of the people from Asian companyies, that they look at bussiness and the economy as a whole differently then north americians do. I can't really explain how, .. just that it is a different prespective.

• Members

It is my understanding from talking to some of the people from Asian companies, that they look at business and the economy as a whole differently then north americians do. I can't really explain how, .. just that it is a different prespective.

I live in Asia and I can tell you that the formula is:

mass produce at lowest cost with minimum quality control = highest profit margin (screw the safety standards)

Since coming back home from the States, I've been living in a cesspool of mass produced consumer junk. Example: I've gone through 6 can openers in 4 years and Lord knows I've looked all over the place for a decent one. They keep on breaking and are not returnable after 3 days.

There is blatant disregard for copyrights and patents. Any good idea or strategy is exploited by everyone and their pet monkey. I don't agree with any of it and I'm having a difficult time making it in this society.

V.

Archived